NEXT STEP

unconnected to facebook

Solved!

unconnected to facebook

Hi! Can I delete a spotify account?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey Dan,

Just get in touch through our contact form if you need your account deleted now.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

You could disconnect the account from Facebook in Spotify's Preferences (Win: Edit > Preferences | Mac: Spotify > Preferences) and then change the email address at hwww.spotify.com/account/overview/
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

Marked as solution

@Itsalysadoe 

I suggest you contact support so they can help you delete the account

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

You can also tweet to @SpotifyCares on Twitter for help.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Marked as solution

Hi, when I click on your contact form link, I'm sent to a redirect loop. is there another link I could try?

Marked as solution

Please, can you delete my account too? Running in circles...

Marked as solution

I've now changed my country, but Spotify still won't let me log on to the desktop app. What else can I do?

Marked as solution

can someone get ahold of me to please, i need to disable my acct its d45th@Hotmail.com

Marked as solution

I want to remove my spotify account permanently!! Can you please help.

Marked as solution

I want to deactivate my account!!

Marked as solution

Hi, I'm having a problem with deleting my Spotify account. Everytime I click on the form, it takes me back to the previous page.

Marked as solution

I just want to remove my email address from a free account and add it to a family account with my son. Already signed up but am unable to use my email address becuse of the free account it seams impossble to cancel. Any suggestions?

Marked as solution

Hello Spotify, I too would like my account to be terminated as I am no longer in need of it. I couldn't find how to do this anywhere on your website.

Cheers

Marked as solution

I want to delete my account. Can someone help me? Thanks

Marked as solution

Seriously, you guys. I have tried "getting in touch with you" via the contact form. However, every link I click on, sends me back to the page where I have to choose the help-topics. When I then select "account" and then "how do I permanently delete this account", there is an option to click on "contact form". HOWEVER, this brings me back to the page where I have to choose the help-topics - IRRITATION LOOP.

This is how you get a bad rep, you guys are more clingy than a barnacle on the side of a ship.

Please, let me contact you, and don't just tell me to fill in the "contact form" because I have explained my issue above.

Thank you.

Marked as solution

Please delete my account permanently
Marilynbrock89

Marilyntunes@yahoo.com

Marked as solution

Please delete my account. The email I received said to come here. Thanks

Marked as solution

Hey there @user-removed

Can you please reply to that email and an advisor will be with you shortly. 

Marked as solution

Same here. I would like to disconnect my account from my facebook.

Marked as solution

hi can u delete my account? for the same reasons!

mail : maxichen17@web.de

Marked as solution

Hey there @TheDevilsTail

Would you be so kind to try it once more please? Just select Account > I want to close my Spotify Account permanently > and then click the I Still Need Help button. 

Hope this helps!

162 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey Dan,

Just get in touch through our contact form if you need your account deleted now.

I do not wish to quit using spotify. It's just that this account (the one I'm logged into) i connected to my facebook. And this is sort of an "office account". So either I want to change the username on this one och disconnect my facebook from it so i can start a new account using my facebook. 

Best solution?

Marked as solution

You could disconnect the account from Facebook in Spotify's Preferences (Win: Edit > Preferences | Mac: Spotify > Preferences) and then change the email address at hwww.spotify.com/account/overview/

that doesn't work. spotify makes you change it on your fb, and fb calls ***.del an invalid email address. how can I delete my account?

Hey asdf, if your account was created through Facebook then you'll just need to get in touch with us to delete your account.

The Contact Form for doing so is located through About Us at the top of this page. I hope this helps.

Richard! Thanks for the reply. I've tried asking spotify to delete my account six times but get back the same useless message:

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch,

If you have a question about Spotify then your first stop should be the Spotify Community for support from other users. This is also a great place to read up on any company updates that might affect your service as well as posting your own ideas and feedback.

Then check out our Help pages. The FAQs contain solutions to the most common queries and guides on how to use Spotify's features.

We're sure that these solutions will help you with your query. Remember that we'll keep you in the loop on any major service issues via our Twitter: @Spotifystatus

Kind regards,

Spotify Support Team

Please just delete my account. That's all I'm asking. Thanks much.

Ah right, sorry for the runaround there asdf. I'll send you an email directly to deal with this.

[EDIT: Looks like Meredith beat me to the punch here]

I got this message though when I did that, which makes it sound like nobody will fix my problem by deleting my account for me and I have to go here for help, which is telling me to contact you, which is automatically telling me to come here. What gives? I just want to delete my account!:

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch,

If you have a question about Spotify then your first stop should be the Spotify Community for support from other users. This is also a great place to read up on any company updates that might affect your service as well as posting your own ideas and feedback.

Then check out our Help pages. The FAQs contain solutions to the most common queries and guides on how to use Spotify's features.

We're sure that these solutions will help you with your query. Remember that we'll keep you in the loop on any major service issues via our Twitter: @Spotifystatus

Kind regards,

Spotify Support Team

wz, I'll be in touch via email.

Richard:

Why is it so challenging to delete an account? I have emailed at least twice now and gotten exactly zero responses from your "Customer Support" staff. I want to delete my account because I get emails every single day telling me that someone joined Spotify. Every other subscription-based website allows users to delete their account on their own, without permission from the website.

Hi everyone, 

If you receieve the automated message (posted earlier) directing you back you to the Community, simply send another reply back. We'll then get your request and be able to help. 

@msawers- I can confirm your account has now been deleted--we're sorry to lose you!

Hey Richard. I saw you replied to asdf and i have the exact same question over here. I cant delete my account from spotify, i sent emails to the support group but nothing, if you could help me it would be nice ! Cheers!

JoaoCoelho - it looks like this has been dealt with now. Let us know if there's anything else you need.

It seems the only way to get someone to respond from customer support, is to post your problems on the community site. So here goes: I hope I'm being listened to.

The whole facebook login requirement has really caused Spotify customers to shake their heads in dissappointment.

I accidentally logged in to the wrong facebook account while starting Spofity. My wife and I are connected to each others Spotify accounts, and now they both don't work. We could easily fix the problem if we could disccnnect the accounts from the facebook login, but Spotify doesn't allow this. And filling out the contact form multiple times gets ZERO response.

Going to the Preferences page doesn't work like previous community posts explain. The "Disconnect from Facebook" is NOT there any more. Seems they removed that button around Jan 2012.

SPOTIFY SUPPORT TEAM: Please provide a way to disconnect facebook usernames from our accounts. Or at least allow us to change which facebook account is linked to the spotify account. Or allow us to use our Spotify username (number) to login (doesn't work currently). Or allow us to change our username or log in with an email address that doesn't need to be the facebook username. ANY of these solutions would be greatly appreciated.

The "Disconnect from Facebook" button only appears if you have an account before they required Facebook, and you didn't log in with the Facebook account. If you made an account before the FB requirement, log in with your Spotify username and password, then they'll let you disconnect.

I would also like to see my currently connected Facebook account to be disconected. So I can connect another Facebook account without losing all my playlists & apps. The Facebook account which I use now is retired.

Could you fix that for me?

Thx! 

Do you have a Spotify account or have you always used Facebook to log in? If you have a Spotify account, just log in with your Spotify username and password and click "Disconnect from Facebook" on preferences. Then connect the other Facebook.

If you have always used Facebook to log in, you can't disconnect and connect to another.

In that case, can someone delete my account please? I'll make a new one and make new playlists.

Thx!

i too am having the problem with cancelation. i want to cancel before i get charged for spotify but it keeps rejecting my password and i think its atrocious that this problem hasnt been fixed yet

Suggested posts