Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Deleting your account

Deleting your account

Hi everyone!

So some of you will be visiting these forums looking to delete your account. 

First, is there something we can help with? If you're just having trouble with your account, I'd having a quick search on these forums first. Odds are the solution is here and we're happy to help.

If not, you can check out these steps!

Thanks.

1,093 Replies

contact form is useless I cant log in and filled that in and noone has helped me

Hi amandajwilliams - Did you reply to the automated message you received? 

Hi, 

I tried sending a request through the contact form but no success. Can you delete my account ASAP please? 

Thanks. 

mmmmmira - I can see you've sent us a case. Please hold tight--one of our agents will back to you shortly. 

I've attempted to delete my account from several devices/browsers and it says cookies aren't enabled when they clearly are. I've used the contact form, replied to the automated email several times and even attempted contact through twitter. I'm expected to pay £9.99 tomorrow unless I delete my unwanted account so please sort this out asap.

I want my account deleted now. I have tried deleting it and it won't let me verify my cancellation by logging into Facebook. I do not want to keep bring charged 9.99 a month. I've written two contact forms and all I get back is an email in another language which looks to be German. At this point I am extremely frustrated and I want it canceled now; not tomorrow, now!

Nicoled - I can see we replied to you twice yesterday, in English. Once we hear back with those details, we'll be able to delete that account for you.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Freakin scam artists man.   Alright, you got your $9.99 now DELETE MY ACCOUNT AND GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK.  I've tried deleting it COUNTLESS times and it DOESN'T LET YOU do it through that bogus way you guys set up through facebook.  DELETE MY ACCOUNT NOW AND PLEASE GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK.

Hi Jmag - I can see you've already filled out the contact form. One of our CS agents will get back to you as soon as possible. 

Keep an eye on your inbox for us. 

hi, i want to delete my facebook account from spotify. i don't know it works

010101 - Do you just want to disconnect your Facebook from your Spotify? 

You can do this easily, just see my post here: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Accounts-Subscriptions-and-Music/Wrong-Facebook-attached-to-my-accou...

i want my account deleted i tryed deleteing it but it keeps sending me to this community site i want a refund for this i have a free account and be charged twice my name is isabel delete everything that has to do with spotify in my account

Meredith wrote:

Please note! Some of you may receive an auto-response directing you back to the Community.

Don't fret. If you reply directly to that email your message will reach one of our friendly agents.

The automated email is send by no-reply@spotify.com which doesn't suggest replying will have any effect. Furthermore, the message of the email is to go back to the community and therefor also doesn't suggest replying will have any effect. The process of deleting an account is terrible and should be overhauld.

Please check case #00351933 and delete my account. Thanks.

@user-removed wrote:

The automated email is send by no-reply@spotify.com which doesn't suggest replying will have any effect. Furthermore, the message of the email is to go back to the community and therefor also doesn't suggest replying will have any effect. The process of deleting an account is terrible and should be overhauld.

Please check case #00351933 and delete my account. Thanks.

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

Ignore the do not reply and reply to that message anyway. Your reply will be sent to a member of the customer care team who will be able to assist you. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hello,

I would like to have my account deleted too. A friend of mine created this account for me, but now it is linked to my Facebook with the wrong username and emailadress and so on.

It would be appreciated if I can just get a fresh start.

Thanks in advance.

@JanusNL wrote:

Hello,

I would like to have my account deleted too. A friend of mine created this account for me, but now it is linked to my Facebook with the wrong username and emailadress and so on.

It would be appreciated if I can just get a fresh start.

Thanks in advance.

Hey 🙂

I would suggest you drop the team a message using the online contact form and someone will be able to get this done for you. They will need to verify a few details with you, which is why it can't be done here. 

If you get an automated reply telling you to visit the community, just reply directly to that message to push your case into the customer service queue.

Peter

Peter

Hey Peter,

Thanks for your reply, but the problem is that it's not my email adress so I won't be able to reply..

Ah, that might be an issue. 

Can you change your email address from your online profile?

Peter

Peter

Suggested posts