Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

3,333 Offline Song Limit

Solved!

3,333 Offline Song Limit

I have a few question regarding the 3,333 offline synced song limit.  I did not find definite answers (or multiple conflicting answers) when reviewing the boards, but I apologize if I just missed it or did not understand it.

1)  Example: One song on say two playlists that are both "offline":  Does this count as one or two songs toward the 3,333 count?

2)  Example: One playlist with say one song on it synced on three different mobile devices with offline sync:  Does this count as one or three songs toward the 3,333 count?  Is the 3,333 count TOTAL for all devices with offline sync or 3,333 PER device with offline sync?

I understand that any one playlist can only be offline synced to a total of three devices at one time.  Thanks for any clarification and input.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Example 1: That would count as one song saved for offline.

Example 2: Each account is allowed a limit of 10,000 songs offline, and a maximum of 3 devices with offline playlists.

Hence the 3,333 number - that is for each device.

I hope this clears things up for you. Smiley Happy

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

74 Replies
Marked as solution

Example 1: That would count as one song saved for offline.

Example 2: Each account is allowed a limit of 10,000 songs offline, and a maximum of 3 devices with offline playlists.

Hence the 3,333 number - that is for each device.

I hope this clears things up for you. Smiley Happy

MattSudaSpotify Star

Thanks a bunch for the clarification.  <Lightbulb emoticon>

You're welcome! Smiley Happy

MattSudaSpotify Star

hey mate,

i have a question regarding your second answer.

Does this mean that you could have 10,000 tracks available offline if you are using only 1 device? or 500 each on 2?

and on that point, can you exchange the tracks you have offline at any time, or is there a limit to how many you can sync during a certain period.

thanks a lot,

E

Even if you are only using 1 device, you still have the limit of 3,333 offline songs for that device.

There is an option on each song or playlist to make the song no longer available offline.

This should help if you are coming to your limit and want to change which songs are available offline

There is no limit on how many times you can change what is available offline. 

MattSudaSpotify Star

"There is an option on each song or playlist to make the song no longer available offline."

Where? how?

Unsync the playlist.

Spotify, I hate you. Your lousy software, your crappy limits....

hey guys,

so i think i reached the limit and wanted to make some other songs available offline,, so i de-toggled loads of the older albums id downladed earler to free up some space. still wont make availavble!? any ideas?

regards

marky0411 - How much free space do you have on your phone?
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Didn't want to start a new topic so i would like to post some additional questions to this posted by Spotiras regarding  the 3,333 offline synced song limit. 

If i reach the 3,333 cap and want to sync some more I would have to delete some of synced track or maybe my cap is just exosted and can sync nothing beyont whats already synced  in the future?

As to this point I've understood all that I could find in FAQ and on the forums about the 3,333 but this remains still unclear for me.

@lukoski wrote:

Didn't want to start a new topic so i would like to post some additional questions to this posted by @Spotiras regarding  the 3,333 offline synced song limit. 

If i reach the 3,333 cap and want to sync some more I would have to delete some of synced track or maybe my cap is just exosted and can sync nothing beyont whats already synced  in the future?

As to this point I've understood all that I could find in FAQ and on the forums about the 3,333 but this remains still unclear for me.

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

You can only ever have 3,333 tracks offline synced on a device at any given time, however there is no limit on the number of times you can change which tracks are synced. So if you sync 3,333 decide you want a different playlist for example, just unmark some tracks as downloaded and then you can sync up to 3,333 tracks again. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Given the changing landscape, and the fact that both Rdio and Google Play Music All Access do NOT have a limit on the number of offline tracks a mobile device can hold, will Spotify look into getting this restriction removed?

It seems fair, given that all services are the same price (minus the Google discount for now). Same price should equal same parameters.

@djschachner wrote:

will Spotify look into getting this restriction removed?

Help make it happen by adding Kudos here if you haven't already.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

Wonder....why do they have this limit..and are you going to make the limit higher?..really hope so..need this music on my device...its my life!

@Speedwolf wrote:

Wonder....why do they have this limit..and are you going to make the limit higher?..really hope so..need this music on my device...its my life!

The limit is down to the licensing agreements Spotify has with the record labels. Since you can store 3,333 tracks on up to 3 devices that is ~10k tracks you can have offline. I never really understand anyone who says they need more, you are aware 3,333 tracks is approx 9 days worth of music (playing 24 hours a day) 😛 ?

Peter

Peter

Sorry to add to an old thread again.

Couple of other questions:

I'm assuming the 3333 limit applies to songs that you don't already own (i.e. you can sync an unlimited number of your own tracks that you've purchased through spotify/have as mp3 files etc)?

Also, is there a way to find out how near you are  to the 3333 limit?  Specifically on Android and windows for me.

I'm assuming the 3333 limit applies to songs that you don't already own (i.e. you can sync an unlimited number of your own tracks that you've purchased through spotify/have as mp3 files etc)?

Yes, you are correct - it only applies to unique spotify offline stored tracks. 

Also, is there a way to find out how near you are  to the 3333 limit?  Specifically on Android and windows for me.

Unfortunately not, just good old fashioned adding is the only way I know!

Peter

Peter

Still think this is a dumb limit, I will eventually reach it, and I might have to switch back to Play Music unless this limit can be lifted... Even though my mobile phone plan provides Spotify Premium for me.

Thanks,
Kcmartz
-=| Spotify Premium User |=-

Suggested posts