Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

7 day trial vs 30 day free trial

7 day trial vs 30 day free trial

So, I signed up for Spotify a few nights ago from my mobile phone as part of the free 7 day trial.

When looking at the desktop version of the website it tells me about the 30 day free trial, I have just signed up for it, inputted my card details (not required for the 7 day) It tells me that from 03/08 (when my trial ends) the following...

Subscription status

Your Spotify Premium subscription will be automatically renewed the 2014-08-03 and charged £0.00 every 1 month, unless you cancel your subscription before that time.

Manage subscriptions and payment

Does this mean from 03rd when the 7 day trial finishes that i then get the thirty days free. Am i technically charged from 03/09? 

I would be grateful if someone could please clear this up for me.

Many thanks

12 Replies

Yes this means that your free month starts at 08-03. After this month you will be charged normally.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Last.fm | Twitter

Backstage Intro - Meet Jordi!
What's it like to be in a Spotify Office?

Did I help? Please add a like!
Did I solve your issue? Please accept as the solution!

Thank you. So Spotify offer 7 days and then 30 days? That's brilliant.

Exactly 🙂

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Last.fm | Twitter

Backstage Intro - Meet Jordi!
What's it like to be in a Spotify Office?

Did I help? Please add a like!
Did I solve your issue? Please accept as the solution!

Can confirm all of the above is correct! Enjoy those free tunes! 😄

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I had this problem this morning when i wanted to subscribe to the 30 days trial on my ipad. And when i opened the app on my i phone it turned to 7 days trial.
Can someone do the correction?
Thanks.

@Sandicalou - If you signed up for the 30 day free trial, it will automatically start after the 7 day free trial is over (so you essentially get 37 days!).

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi I have a 7 day trial does that mean I can listen to music offline? And if so how do i do this?

Hey @Dan-Darling

Welcome on board 🙂

It does indeed mean you can enjoy the Premium features, including offline mode. If you want to enjoy it for a little longer (I hope you do), you can sign up at www.spotify.com/freetrial for the 30 day trial.

Happy Spotifying!

Hi

I've just started using the 30day free trial, and I tried turning off my wifi connection (to test the offline mode if it's working) but it says "please check your wifi connection". Am I doing the right thing? Thanks in advance.

Does this mean that you will get charged after the 7 day free trial?

Hey @minicake0316,

If you haven't entered any billing details, you won't be billed after the 7 day trial ends. 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi guys,

i signed up today the 22nd of August to the free trial. spotify told me i will be charged on september 21st for the following month. it means 1 month of free trial.

then i opened the app from smartphone that was welcoming me for 7 days of trial. this means what? if i am going to pay september 21st, it is not going to be 37 days as you guys replied before, right?

thank you very much, viva spotify

Fabio

Suggested posts