Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Account hacked

Account hacked

I received an E-Mail from Paypal that Spotify has charged me $9.99.

I know I did not sign up for premium and immediately looked at my account. The hacker changed my E-mail and password then signed up for premium. The only way I was able to see the change was because I stayed logged in. I obviously cannot change my password now that this hacker has changed the E-Mail.

How does Spotify not verify E-mails before authorizing changes of an E- Mail or password? I find this absolutely ridiculous.

I would like to have control of my account back and to have my PayPal account refunded $9.99 and premium canceled.

2 Replies

Wow that sounds quite serious. Contact the Accounts Team as soon as possible; they should be able to help you since a lot of sensitive information will have to be exchanged in order to get this sorted out.

If you get an automated message that says do not reply, reply anyways and someone should contact you shortly.

~Soli Deo Gloria~
* If you see a single asterisk like before this sentence, it most likely denotes sarcasm.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Classical Musicians Unite!

The hacker would have needed your paypal login details to set up a subscription (even if you have used it to pay in the past), so I would definitely make sure you get those changed with paypal asap.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts