Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Account hacked

Solved!

Account hacked

Please can you help - my account appears to have been hacked and hijacked by another user. I have managed to login to this page via facebook login, but the email address, postcode and password that are now associated with this account are not mine. The credit card showing however is mine and I am up to date with my payments but locked out of my account.

I have been unable to go online with spotify for a couple of days and it would appear that someone else has changed the email and password used to connect.

I regard this as an act of theft as I am now paying for a service which someone else is accessing. I also have serious questions as to why a company would let someone change email address and password on a subscription without sending any kind of notification to the previous email address. This is a basic security procedure and I would like an explanation as to why Spotify does not seem to take its customers' security seriously.

I have submitted this information on a contact form on the website yesterday with details about how to get in touch with me, but have not heard back yet. Please could this be looked into ASAP.

119 Replies

Hey @Jaydollah did you reply directing to the email that contacted that case number? Please do so and confirm you're still having trouble, you'll hear from the team shortly. 

Hello,

yesterday my account was used by another person. Then i change my password and since this moment there are no problems. Yesterday evening i receive an email for reset my password but i never order this email.

Can anyone check this? What can i do in this case?

best regards

Edit: is there really nobody who knows what can i do?

Same issue! Please help me! 😞

Best regards

Same issue here... Its been 4 days since I logged a support ticket and I've not heard anything back unless someone get back to me today I'll have no choice but to close my account as its constantly being used by someone else.

Case # 02579862

@MadMunky 

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

If you still have not gotten a reply:

Did you get a confirmation email from the contact form? It should be similar to "Spotify Support Case #XXXXXXX". If so, reply back to that email and tell them you still need help.

If you got an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it saying you still need help, even if it's from a no-reply address.

If you never got an email, look in your spam folder to see if there is an email in there. Make sure you are checking the email account you used to sign up to Spotify. You can check the email on your account here.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I got the email with the case number as posted above and replied to that email with more detail and I still have not had any contact and whats worse it seems the person who hacked my account has now unlinked it from facebook so I no longer have access and have lost all my playlists and it seems to have created me a new account!!

Please help this is a joke!!

My Case Number again is: #02579862

I have emailed back Case #02579862 to support@spotify.com as I see it was going to a noreply email address, is there any way to ring spotify as I want this resolved!

@user-removed 

I have forwarded your post to the support team at Spotify. Hopefully someone will be in contact soon.

Thanks for your patience.

MattSudaSpotify Star

This should now be resolved.  James replied at midday.

It is,

Thanks very much 🙂

Im now back on my own account again...

I got mine hacked recently too.

Lodged a report. Got a reply from Spotify, replied the email and now waiting for the support.

This takes too long for premium subscriber.

And spotify should beef up its security process. Since this is not the first time.

PAID for NO ACCESS. Thanks SPOTIFY. 😞

My account has also been hacked, I have tried to report it a couple of days ago, I have not gotten and email, thats because the email address is now differant, can you please help? im desperate here, is there a telephone number I can call?

Brett

@Rosewellzz 

Contact support using this alternative form. You can tell them which email to reply at

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-anonymous/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

You can also tweet to @SpotifyCares on Twitter for help.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Help me please! My account has been hacked too. The email and the password had been changed, someone did this. I cant find a contact form. can you help me?

@cinbach 

I suggest you contact support so they can help you. Make sure to inlcude the username of the hacked account

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

MattSudaSpotify Star

its a bit scary to know that spotify accounts are easily hacked, there are no security steps in the email changing or password changing? wtf?

@ditardi 

If your account was hacked, support can help you:

MattSudaSpotify Star

Hacked account. My Spotify account is associated with an unrecognized email address so I can't change the password or cancel.

@mrbres 

I suggest you contact support so they can help you. Make sure to include all the account details and an email address that they can contact you at.

MattSudaSpotify Star

My case is solved. Thanks

Suggested posts