Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Account hijack

Account hijack

Hello there!

Today morning, I was listening to music when it suddenly stopped and logged me out. I tried to log in and could get in, but would get logged out 10 seconds later. I could continue to listen to music if I turned on offline mode quickly after signing in.

I tried to sign in with my Facebook account, which worked, but all my playlists had disappeared. I tried to login to the web interface but my password was wrong and the password reset email never came, so I had to sign in with my Facebook account again. I was surprised to see my email changed, my country set to Spain and text in the phone number field.

I tried to change the email and password back, but only succeeded in changing the mobile number as anything else needed passwords. This is really annoying as I had no idea about this at all until I found out myself. Not even a single notification email informing me of the email or password being changed.

I promptly sent a message to Spotify support and checked if the email under which my account is now registered exists. It didn't (was a yahoo.co.uk email) so I created it and tried to send a password reset. No emails went there either.

So, could anybody help me:
1) reset my email and password
2) restore my starred playlist as I can only restore the other playlists

Thanks a lot!
1 Reply

Hi there,

Please get in touch using our online form and one of our advisors will be happy to help investigate this further for you. If you receive an autoresponse, just send an email directly in reply and someone will be in touch shortly.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For Twitter support, find us at @SpotifyCares.

Follow me on Spotify.

Suggested posts