Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Add NUS Extra card to existing Premium account - how?!

Solved!

Add NUS Extra card to existing Premium account - how?!

Hi, 

I am an existing Premium account customer and would like  to add my NUS Extra card to my account in order to recieve the 50% discount offer. I cannot work out how to do this. On the ' Subscrpition' page there is no indication of how to do this as far as I can see.

The Spotify website says thus: 

(http://support.spotify.com/uk/learn-more/faq/#!/article/NUS-student-discount-offer)

"How take advantage of the Student Discount

Visit the Spotify Student Discount page at the NUS website. Click the button at the bottom of the page to get the offer (you will need to log in first). You will then be directed to the Spotify website to complete the process.

Alternatively, you can go directly to the NUS Student Discount page at the Spotify website. In this case you will need to fill in your NUS extra card details manually.

Current subscribers to Unlimited, Premium (or Premium Free Trial)

If you already have a Spotify subscription, the discounted rate will apply at the time of your next subscription renewal after signing up for the NUS discount offer.

If you have Spotify Unlimited your Spotify account will be upgraded to Spotify Premium on the renewal date. The discounted Premium rate will be charged. At current subscription rates, this means that, although your account has been upgraded to Premium, your subscription charge won’t change."

The first link takes you to a page that wants me to vote for my favourite song of the year. There is only one feasible link at the bottom of the page and that just takes you back to the NUS Extra card homepage.

The Second link just takes you to the 'Subscription' page of mt Spotify account, which as aforementioned contains no allusions as to how to add my discount. 

How to I get the 50% discount?!

Many thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Going to https://www.spotify.com/uk/student/nus/ and logging in using your current premium account details should let you add your code. If you are being directed directly to your online account when you log in, then it sounds like your card might have already been added? 

On your online overview does it say your renewal price is £4.99?

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

@cleverfiend wrote:

I have had problems renewing my discount - have tried NUS extra and Unidays.  With both my subscription says £9.99 next month.

Do you need a gap between periods at student rate as I currently have a couple of weeks until my previous year at student rate expires.

Did you get a resolution to your problem?

Waiting on support for an answer 🙂

Rob

My account still shows as next payment is £9.99 however Spotify support confirmed my discount is applied for another year.

View solution in original post

38 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Going to https://www.spotify.com/uk/student/nus/ and logging in using your current premium account details should let you add your code. If you are being directed directly to your online account when you log in, then it sounds like your card might have already been added? 

On your online overview does it say your renewal price is £4.99?

Peter

Peter

Hi Peter, 

Thanks that all worked and I'm now payine £4.99 for Premium. Thanks for your help. 🙂

I too am trying to do this, but following the instructions of the link you say, I get redirected to a page that states:

To be able to apply for the student discount you need to cancel you current subscription first

Why so? Is there any other way of doing this? Thx

@peddersuk wrote:

I too am trying to do this, but following the instructions of the link you say, I get redirected to a page that states:

To be able to apply for the student discount you need to cancel you current subscription first

Why so? Is there any other way of doing this? Thx

Hey @peddersuk 🙂 

What type of subscription do you currently have an how did you pay for it? 

Peter

Peter

I have a premium subscription and paying £9.99 per month via paypal.

I want to do the same thing but when it comes to me entering my password, for security reasons, it won't go any further. I enter my password and press continue, but it just starts over again. What can I do?

@aserading wrote:

I want to do the same thing but when it comes to me entering my password, for security reasons, it won't go any further. I enter my password and press continue, but it just starts over again. What can I do?

Hey @aserading 🙂 

Are you logging into the website using your Spotify username and password or using Facebook?

Peter

Peter

Hi,

I am trying to add a NUS card, but after punching in my password I am thrown back to the 'add your password' page. The same happens with both my original login details & facebook.

The only way that I managed to work was to cancel the subscription and then re-activate through the NUS site. It works fine, even if this is a pain...

@Rippa2 - the NUS extra discount is only available to UK Spotify accounts (and therefore UK payment cards too). If you have a UK credit/debit card, you'll be able to change your country setting following these steps.

@peddersuk - you shouldn't have had to cancel your existing subscription so sorry about that, but everything looks okay now. Enjoy the discount!

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

Ok, I will change the card then. I wish they had stated that on the NUS site!

I am also having this problem

Just got my new NUS card and am trying to get back my £4.99 discount but everytime I log in to spotify after clicking the link on the NUS extra discount page I just see the same subscription status of £9.99 a month! Don't know why it's not working!

Any help would be much appreciated

@uprollsariotvan - Have you used NUS discount before? 

If so be aware, the offer is currently only valid for one year, so if you have got a new NUS card for another year you won't be able to apply the discount. You might want to check out unidays (another student discount website - but this one is free to join) who also offer a similar discount on Spotify premium. 

Peter

Peter

I've enjoyed the discount for the past year and received an email recently that my account would be switched back to a regular premium account. In this email, however, it also promised that I'd be able to get a second discounted year if I entered a new NUS extra card number. As it took a bit longer for me to actually get the card my account has been switched over already and, even though it accepted my NUS card number, it doesn't change my account type. It appears that I will be charged £ 9.99 in the coming months.

Any way to get the discount back?

@domnk - If you drop the payments team an quick message via the online contact form they should be able to get that sorted for you. 

Peter

Peter

Hi there,

I currently have a spotify account and I have had a premium account in the past but this has expired. 

I am now trying to upgrade my account but with  my NUS Extra so I can get the discount. 

I followed your instructions but when it's taken me to the get premium page - It's showing the full 9.99 amount? 

Can you help?

Thanks,

Nic

I'm having the exact same problem as nicwooders ! I've contacted spotify via email but whenever I go thru the steps it still says my renewal is £9.99 per month!

I have the exact same problem!

@lucirebecca 

I suggest you contact support so they can take a look at your account and help you with this:

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email, you need to reply back to it.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts