Help - Accounts and Subscriptions

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Music Lover
erindc
Accepted Solution

Add people/friends without facebook accounts

I have some friends who are not on facebook but who have premium spotify accounts.

Is there way to add them to my friends toolbar?

Thanks!

Garage Band
oldschoolsquare

Re: Add people/friends without facebook accounts

Yes. Here are a couple of ways to view a Spotify user’s public profile:

• If you know their username, type spotify:user:username in the search box. (Note that the username must be written in lower-case)
  • You can simply click on a username wherever it appears. For instance, if you are viewing a playlist created by another Spotify user, their username appears at the top of the page.

Once you are viewing a user’s public profile you can add the user to your People list by clicking the “Add ..” button at the top of the page.

Music Lover
erindc

Awesome! Thanks for the tip, it worked!

Music Lover
echoecho

When I add a person to my people list, are they notified? Am I automatically added to their people list? Can other spotify users see my people list?

Community Manager
Meredith

Hi there echoecho!

Your people list is for your own use only--your friends aren't notified and you aren't automatically added to their list. 

Your Spotify profile will only display your Top Artists and Top Tracks (you can opt out of this in your Preferences) and your published playlists. 

--------
Looking for tunes?

What I've been listening to

Music Lover
echoecho

Thank you! Don't need the ex to know I still listen to his music. ;)
Music Lover
Lainie

How do you add someone as a friend on spotify that doesnt have a facebook when u signed up with a facebook??? plz help!!

Community Legend
Stupify

It's easy for you. Type spotify:user:username (with your friend's username) on the search bar to find your friend. At the top it should say "Make it easier to access username's music by adding them to your people list" with a button to add them.

However, it's a bit harder for your friend to add you. You need to give your "username" which is a string of numbers to your friend. Then your friend does the same as you, using your user number. You can find your number from your profile page: click here

Music Lover
Lainie

Thx!

Music Lover
areed

This trick doesnt work for me... I keep getting an error that says "load user error".  I'm sure I have the username right..... why is adding a friend not point-and-click???

Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.