Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Adding Picture to Profile

Solved!

Adding Picture to Profile

It seems like I should be able to add my picture to the profile but I can't.  Is this feature only available if you link it to your facebook?

If there's a way to add profile pictures WITHOUT linking to Facebook please let me know.

THANKS!!

297 Replies

Why can't I choose my own picture

Spoiler

But how did you do it without facebook

Thats like me too

PLZ Spotify fix the photo issue!! I want to upload a profile picture without linking a Fiascobook account. I hate Facecrap and i'm not intending to share my personal life for Marc Suckerberg's benefit's.

Wow, not even a hint of an attempt to improve, change or resolve this issue in four years.

Pathetic.

So umm... you really cant add a picture without linkin it with fb?

A photo on Spotify that is not on FB.A photo on Spotify that is not on FB.

Amazing isn't it? I realize time flies but this thread started on 2/28/2012, It is just that we are a very smaill minority that do not want to connect/coordinaateFb and Spot.  I think we are probably the smart ones but we do not carry enough power to even register on the want list. There is probably something in the FB Spotify contract that controls this issue. Why I say that is because before the FB Spotify hookup we could have photos just for Spotify. If someone has the real true facts let us know!! Further Amazement! We can add photos in our replys. Wonders never cease 🙂

But if u don't have an account on Facebook

This thread is all about not being able to add a profile picture to your profile unless you sign up to Spotify with your Facebook account. Many people do not want to have the two sites connected but would like to have a photo on their profile. So the bottom line is you can change your avatar on the Spotify Community site but you cannot add a profile photo to the actual Spotify site without going through Facebook. 

you are not going to have a photo 😞

For me, it's not just about photos. Some people want to post a selfie of themselves grinning like a demented cheshire cat. I don't, but if they want to that's their choice, or should be.

I would be happy with a beautiful graphic, but I can't do that either. Not a single one of the standard avatars remotely reflects who I am.

If I look in my settings at people I have given kudos to (or received one from), you all look the same. You might as well just be a list of numbers. I don't like that. I think you deserve better than that.

It's all about the fact that we are all real people behind our Spotify IDs, and we are being denied this simple way of expressing our individuality, whether it's a picture of ourselves or something that matters to us.

Is there a way to tag a moderator that seemed to respond 3 years ago (albeit with half answers) and start that way? This really is crazy actually. I've had Spotify for a while now - and have paid Spotify FOR A WHILE NOW - and we simply can't get a picture option. Inmates get pictures. Paying music lovers can't get pictures? Strange business logic there.....

Freaking frustrating. 

I have two spotify accounts, one linked/connected/syncronited to facebook (the first account I made) and the second one; my current account. I use both and I have been trying to set a profile picture in my current account for ages, but looks like I wont be able to seeing  as for that I would have to link it to my fb acount that is in use with other account already.

Spotify keeps changing all the time; themes, quality, advertisements, and other **bleep** but it cant **bleep**ing give us the possibility to set a profile picture without linking it to FB. 

Maybe we should complain or post whatever we dont agree with on Playstore or Apple Store. Im sure someone will bloody reed it and will try to change it. Or maybe the dont give us the solution cause they dont know how to fix that problem. Who knows,.. its a shame that people prefer YouTube to Spotify for stupid reasons like the setting a profile picture one. 

Tut tut Spotify Team, not good at all. 

I just can't believe that they've ignored a simple request for so long. 

I do not believe that to be true. I just made a new Spotify account yesterday becuase I did not want mine connected to Facebook (You cannot disconnect your profile from Facebook) and I did not have a problem.

did you ad a photo of yourself when you signed up NOT using facebook? All of the people on this thread have tried to add a photo of their choice to Spotify - not the community - and are not able to do that. Please let us know how you did it.

Hey i was just wondering about if this feature is going to happen due to the fact that it has been requested for about 4 years now.
Thank you!

Well im annoyed, because i dont have facebook but i still want a profile picture for spotify

Its not very sexy here without a profile picture. Please add a funktion for adding a pic without facebook. Its a big argument for me to stay here.

ummm...

Suggested posts