Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Adding Picture to Profile

Solved!

Adding Picture to Profile

It seems like I should be able to add my picture to the profile but I can't.  Is this feature only available if you link it to your facebook?

If there's a way to add profile pictures WITHOUT linking to Facebook please let me know.

THANKS!!

297 Replies

Over a year later, this topic is still unresolved. Really wish I could add a profile pic, I don't have Facebook.

No, you can sign up on spotify without link it to your fb account.There is the option, but is quite small

Signing up is not the problem, this topic is about adding a profile picture.

Yeah. You're right. I don't see why I should have to make a facebook to get a picture. I am not allowed to have a facebook and what am I supposed to do about that. If I want a picture on my profile I should be able to without making a stupid facebook to let me.

Well...

I'm waiting for this option since 3 years now ...

To my oppinion, it's reallly a bad user experience and it's very anti-social for a service who claim to be "fundamentally social"

I do not understand why the ability to have a profile picture is an argument to move to a paid version ... it's ridiculously boring!
At minimum, Spotify could be connected with gravatar or twitter.

@rodnem wrote:
I do not understand why the ability to have a profile picture is an argument to move to a paid version ... it's ridiculously boring!

Not sure if I undertsood you correctly, but even with Premium, you don't get a profile picture. Currently the only way to have one is to link your account with Facebook, which the people in this thread do not have or don't want to use.

Hi, I just logged in with facebook throught Spotify and my picture still not there. Do you have any ideas what could be wrong? Thanks

@PO1255 - Is your real name showing on your profile? 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

No it is still my original spotify username.

Strange, I can double check your public profile for you if you like? What is your Spotify username?

Peter

dionnepierreolivier Thanks!

I just checked your account out on our end and your profile picture is appearing fine. Has this corrected itself on your end now?

--------------------------------------------------------------

For Twitter support, find us at @SpotifyCares.

Follow me on Spotify.

exactly, try restarting the program, or press CTRL-F5 if you're connected via browser to refresh and bypass the cache. Also, just to mention it, you hijacked this Thread that is about not having a profile picture if you're not connected through facebook, which is still unsolved 🙂

Facebook is not the only option to change your avatar picture

How?

1. find out your user-id.. its is in bar were the webadress is when you logged in on spotify.com

it is a 6 sigure number in my case. Think it will always be numbers

2.  copy this link and paste your user-id at the end of it 

https://community.spotify.com/t5/user/v2/avatarselectorpopuppage/user-id/  -----your user-id-----

it will look something like this

https://community.spotify.com/t5/user/v2/avatarselectorpopuppage/user-id/069483

3. select the picture you want to upload and cut the picture if you want to

4. Tadaaa without facebook you can set your profile picture

Hello Barry,

the way you describe, will change the logo that is used in these forums here, you get the same result when you go to your profile here and then Settings --> Avatars.

This will however not change the blank Icon that is shown for your user in the standalone Client or on the web player, which is the problem here 🙂 But thank you for your effort.

There is however, an Idea for this (Spotify's name for a suggestion box) here:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/ideas/v2/ideapage/blog-id/ideaexchange/article-id/973

It's from 2012 and currently marked as "not right now" but I suggest we keep an eye on that one and maybe try to make it more poular.

@Troik is correct here. Spotify Community avatars are not connected to profile pictures displayed on your Spotify profile.

Peter

Hey I've been trying to get my profile picture up too. I'm connected to facebook so I don't know why this is happening

@elise_eden23 Are you saying your facebook profile picture isn't showing in Spotify or something else?

yes, I'm connected to facebook, but still no profile picture

Suggested posts