Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Adding Picture to Profile

Solved!

Adding Picture to Profile

It seems like I should be able to add my picture to the profile but I can't.  Is this feature only available if you link it to your facebook?

If there's a way to add profile pictures WITHOUT linking to Facebook please let me know.

THANKS!!

297 Replies

@elise_eden23 - If your Spotify username to login is "elise_eden23" I can confirm your account is connected to Facebook and shows your real name and profile picture. It should update in your Spotify application within the next 24 hours. 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I made mine without a facebook.

I think this thread is about a profile picture in spotify rather than in this community.

Hey there. I have tried all this. I have my profile link but i still have no picture in the app.

Your account appears to be linked to facebook and I see your facebook name and picture. You can check in the web player. The desktop client may just be slow to update.

I'm happy to link spotify to facebook but the FB profile i want to link with is a page for my band, not me personally. Am I able to do that? 

Since the new Desktop update my pic is gone. How do i get it back? I dont want to be linked to Facebook. 

@theicypoles Unfortunately only personal facebook profiles can be linked to a spotify account. There are other ways of promoting artists though. Take a look at this site.

@jckinnick wrote:

Since the new Desktop update my pic is gone. How do i get it back? I dont want to be linked to Facebook. 

If you mean your profile picture in spotify, only the picture from facebook profiles is currently displayed and only if your account is linked to facebook. Some background here.

If you mean your avatar in the community, you can change that from your community account settings here.

Why did they change this with the new version? 

They didn't change it, it has always been like that. If you could see your facebook profile in the desktop client before then you were logging in to an account linked to facebook.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Accounts-and-Subscriptions/Adding-Picture-to-Profile/m-p/10107...

Ive havent logged in using Facebook in a very long time and ive always had my picture on there until the recent update. 

It is possible if your account was once connected to Facebook, the desktop client had stored the image which was then removed when the client updated.

Peter

Sam,

I am not a part of Facebook. In my opinion, it's outdated and very attention draining. However, I am still under the Facebook umbrella via Instagram.

I would very much appreciate if the designers and developers at Spotify allowed for non-Facebook users to customize their profile and share songs with their spotify friends. On my desktop, I can share songs with my Spotify friends, but for some reason, it won't let me on the mobile app. Previously, when I had a Facebook account, this wasn't an issue!

Please let me know.

Amen Brudah!

Quick Rant:

I will NEVER become a member of FaceBook! Time Magazine labeled that pimple face kid "Person Of the Year!"

They could not even use the term "Man Of the Year." That "boy" does not deserve the same limelight as some of the

greatest "Men" of our time. <End Rant >

Listen, SPOTIFY BRASS whoever you may be. I like so many of SPOTIFY'S CORE COMMUNITY actually PAY $$ each month

for PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTIONS. With that said, why why should I feel pressured to join FaceBook to enjoy the "PREMIUM

FEATURES" of SPOTIFY that I and other have paid $$ for other to enjoy? That does not site easy with me when I break it down

like that? SPOTIFY is already reaping huge BENEFITS that are received as part of the PARTNERSHIP Spotify has going with

FaceBook.

I believe and other CHINE IN please, but for $9.99 a month (Recurring PayPal Payments) I believe SPOTIFY'S members deserve

rightfully the ability to POST our own PHOTOS and WITHOUT being forced or asked, even suggestive, that we join FaceBook..!

PS:
I don't really care or have to time to read and view Franchesca's "FeeFee took a beautiful like turd on the carpet today..." posting.

SPOTIFY - PLEASE BE FAIR and FREE US from FaceBook Bondage.

@muxster - Be sure to add your vote here too:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Picture-on-Profile/idi-p/11523

Peter

All I did was download the app and made an account no FB needed

Looks like they've fixed this, mine just automatically started showing up one day. 

Hi, I used to be kewlkatycat but I have created a new account. I should have used Facebook but I read somewhere that if you create a new account, you get the privallege of being able to upload a photo. I don't even get that option to choose like I used to! Will I have to create another account to get the Facebook profile picture (I now have a fan account so I don't mind connecting it) up or can I just link it with this one?

You can link a Spotify username style account to Facebook in the desktop Spotify (to get a picture). Just go to Edit/Spotify > Preferences > Social Network > Connect to Facebook.

Peter

Suggested posts