Search instead for 
Do you mean 
tjg
Concert Regular
tjg
Accepted Solution

American Express payment method falsely declining card

Hi,

I sent in a contact form earlier today. I'm kind of surprised there is no auto-reply set up with it to confirm receipt of the message. Anyway, spotify.com is declining my AmEx with both the front and back CVV/CVC codes (only thing I could think of). I tried last Friday and also today. I also tried both IE and FireFox. I called AmEx and they report no holds on my account and confirmed the purchase should go through.

Please let me know can be done.

If this is a standing, can you please provide an Upgrade code in the meantime so that my phone app will work until you get the issue(s) resolved?

Thanks,

Tom G

tjg
Concert Regular
tjg

Re: American Express payment method falsely declining card

Oh, and of course, if any other users have had this issue and know what might be going wrong, any assistance is appreciated.

Thanks,
tg
tjg
Concert Regular
tjg

Still no reply, still not working. Why would you make it hard for people to give you money?

tjg
Concert Regular
tjg

Update, I opened a new ticket under payment methods - 350010. Also, my country profile is USA as well as my AmEx. I've tried adding the card as a payment method on every link I have found (upgrade, payment method, profile, etc).

Community Manager
Meredith

Hi Tjg- A response to the case you've opened is on its way.

Have a look in your inbox whenever you get a moment.
--------

Looking for tunes?

What I've been listening to

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
tjg
Concert Regular
tjg

Hi Meredith,

I received your email and replied. I'll summarize here for anyone else following this post with similar issues. 

I ran through all of the details with AmEx on the phone and everything checks out fine. I also attempted the subscription while on the phone with them and they said that no charge attempt was being made to the card, so the transaction must be failing on the site.

I'd rather not use PayPal as a work-around. If possible I'd rather have the standing issue resolved which may also help others with similar issues.

-Tom G

Music Lover
kish99

I have had this same problem for months.  I emailed spotify support about this in December.  Their response asked me if I was using a prepaid Amex card (I wasn't).  I never replied to their email. I was assuming they would fix this and I wouldn't have to go through the effort of explaning everything.  I will reply now and explain everything and see how it goes....

Spotify, if you are reading this, it's very easy to duplicate.  Find a paying member, have them try to switch payment method to their amex card.  It will be declined.  Please fix this!

Music Fan
cschooley

[ Edited ]

I'm having the same issue. Tried front and back "codes"; called AMEX.

Fails as hard as the Spotify Linux client, and Spotify seems about as active on this support forum as Google employees on their support forums. Hmmm.

My AMEX just worked on Rdio. Later, Failify.

Music Fan
drunk_injun

I was also unable to pay using my American Express Platinum card.

There's definitely something broken with paying for subscriptions using American Express.  HELP!

Community Manager
Meredith

Hi everyone- Any payments related questions should be directed to our contact form. 

Just scroll to the bottom of the page and select 'Contact' under 'About Us'. From there our payments team can look at your accounts individually. 

--------

Looking for tunes?

What I've been listening to

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.
If you'd like to join, please make sure you read the attached pdf file and fill out this form:
Please log in (or register) to see the link.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.