Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Another account hacked... what's the deal?

Solved!

Another account hacked... what's the deal?

Seems like this is happeneing a lot. I have been fighting with this relentless hacker for over an hour to just try and listen to my music. So far no playlist have been deleted but they are adding their own.

Spotify Case # 01285857

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there.

I'm sorry about this.

Please if you already contacted, wait for response. Spotify is looking seriously to these situations. Solution coming on it's way if contacted them.

Please do not use same passwords in any other service and make password hard, the password "qwe12rty" is bad, but password "c%H#2*k" is better. Do not use these examples.

Thanks! Have good day.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there.

I'm sorry about this.

Please if you already contacted, wait for response. Spotify is looking seriously to these situations. Solution coming on it's way if contacted them.

Please do not use same passwords in any other service and make password hard, the password "qwe12rty" is bad, but password "c%H#2*k" is better. Do not use these examples.

Thanks! Have good day.

If you still have access to the account, can you not change the password and then request a forced log out over on this topic?:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Accounts-and-Subscriptions/Someone-else-using-your-account-Post...

To speed things along, reply to the automated email with the case number in it and that will bump your case over to an advisor.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I did change my password and was logged out about 5 minutes ago. Guess we will see what happens.

If it keeps happening are you sure that the security threat is on spotifys side? Maybe they have access to your email or something like that? Or access to another account of yours that shares the same password? Just some thoughs for you 

Suggested posts