Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Another account is already registered with this email address

Solved!

Another account is already registered with this email address

Cant change mailadress, please help.

60 Replies

@NiccoloMineo - Got your 8-digit case number handy? We can get that chased up for you.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

you have a PM

btw, now I am in Germany and I have the same issue.

@NiccoloMineo Did you receive an autoreply from Spotify with a case number? If you post it here, I'll escalate your case to Spotify.

Will get that chased up for you now. 😉

Peter

@jwylot, thanks, I sent the number to Peter.

I just saw. Good to keep him busy 🙂

Sorry for the delay, @NiccoloMineo, but someone'll now be in touch soon. Keep an eye on your inbox!

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

I have this same problem. Made two accounts on accident (one without facebook, and one with) and now they refuse to merge. 

Please use the online contact formand someone at Spotify can help get this sorted. If you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, please reply to it by email and you will hear back from one of the team shortly.

@Stryden wrote:

I have this same problem. Made two accounts on accident (one without facebook, and one with) and now they refuse to merge. 

I cant. The email that is currently linked to my account was deleted a long time ago. Hence the want to change. I have succesfully merged my facebook and spotify accounts, but they still wont merge emails. 

Use this contact form instead in that case. It may save time if you include your date of birth and the last four digits of your payment card.

Submitted one, thank you. 

First spotify tells me that I can't login, because my country dosent match the one in my profile. When I change from US to Norway and try to save it. Spotify gives me the errormessage: Another account is already registered with this email address.
I do use correct emailadress so I dont have a clue what is wrong with my account.

It is pretty common to come across this issue if you use the same email address on Spotify as you do for Facebook.

If you could get in touch using the link Joe posted above the support team can lend a hand.

Peter

Done! Filled it out and sent. The auto answer was to come here to look for answers....This really is annoying!!

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Here's what we got from you:
Account and login
I can’t log in to Spotify

Type of user: Free
Zip/postal code: 7044
Date of birthday: 1988-5-29
Question: Errormessage "Your country does not match the one set in your profile..." When I update my profile from US to Norway I get a new errormessage "Another account is already registered with this email address." This is my only account, so can you help me? Someone told me its a comon issue when I got the same email registrated on facebook.
This message should be replied to kim_arne@hotmail.com

If you have a question about Spotify, your first stop should be the Spotify Community http://community.spotify.com/ for support from other users. This is also a great place to read up on any company updates that might affect your service as well as posting your own ideas and feedback.

Then check out our Help pages http://support.spotify.com The FAQs contain solutions to the most common queries and guides on how to use Spotify's features.

You can also now follow or Tweet our Spotify Customer Service Team @Spotifycares for all things Spotify.

We're sure that these solutions will help you with your query. Remember that we'll keep you in the loop on any major service updates via our Twitter:
https://twitter.com/spotifystatus @Spotifystatus

Kind regards,
Spotify Customer Service Team

ref:_00DD0pxIW._500D0iuarj:ref

Identical problem here, im curious what kind of response i get...

@kimelim88 @Blumenkind - If you could both please reply directly to that automated email reply that will bump your case over to an adviser who will be able to lend a hand.

Peter

I have the same problem, it won't let me change settings as it says "Another account is already registered with this email address". Can you fix mine as well?

Same problem here as well - whenever I try to change my country it tells me "Another account is already registered with this email address"

Can you help me as well please?

Suggested posts