Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Another account is already registered with this email address

Solved!

Cant change mailadress, please help.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Oliverandersson - If you try again now, you should be able to.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

View solution in original post

60 Replies

Same issue here.

I had an account with my username 'serialmatrix'. But signed in with my Facebook account on 13th November. I then realised I couldn't link my Facebook to my serialmatrix login. I let the Facebook account expire as instructed in the FAQ - this took two days and expired on 15th November - so I can now link my facebook to my serialmatrix account.

But when I try to update my email address to the address I use to sign into Facebook, I get the error: Another account is already registered with this email address

That's because logging in with Facebook created a dummy spotify account with your email on it. The staff has to delete that account.

Have you connected the serialmatrix account to Facebook already through preferences -> Connect to Facebook?

Yes I have. As mentioned above, this was possible because I let the account expire. I assumed since it's expired, it no longer exists. Which is why I don't see why I can't add the email address but can link my Facebook account to it in Preferences. Seems a bit inconsistent.
So, how do I get Spotify to 'delete' the account?

There is another account (1155684346). One created using Facebook details.

Now that you have linked your original Spotify account to Facebook, that has broken the link to the new account. I will delete that account, and things will be OK.

If you keep your Spotify account linked to Facebook, there's no risk of a new account being created when you log in with Facebook details.

So, I presume you deleted the second account (Facebook) assigned to the number 1155684346 you mentioned above?

I logged in as serialmatrix, changed my email address and entered my password to confirm the change. But I got a message saying the password was wrong!
I tried several times and got the same issue. So I logged out and was going to try again but now I cannot log in! It says my password is wrong.

So I requested a password reset. When I give it my username it says it doesn't exist!
Yet when I gave it the email address associated to it, I did get an email to reset the password.
But again, trying to reset it I get a message saying cannot change the password!

What is going on? This is very frustrating!

And as if by magic, I can login again today and was able to update my email address...

Please help me out?

i got this error then i try to change my mail to real mail

i need to change my mail in spotify  becuse i got one year premium in xmas gift .

my spotify account have a old hotmail adress,   i dont use hotmail ii have new gmail

Marked as solution

Oliverandersson - If you try again now, you should be able to.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

working   THANX!

I, too, am getting this error message when trying to change my password

I was just trying to reduce the amount of spam i get from spotify and I get this "Another account is already registered with this email address" message. 

I uncheck the "Please spam me" box only to have it rechecked when I save the settings. 

I must have two accounts, please merge or delete one or both. 

Thx

@timschon wrote:

I was just trying to reduce the amount of spam i get from spotify and I get this "Another account is already registered with this email address" message. 

I uncheck the "Please spam me" box only to have it rechecked when I save the settings. 

I must have two accounts, please merge or delete one or both. 

Thx

Just drop the team a message using the online contact form and someone will be able to do this for you. 

If you get an automated reply directing you to the community, you need to reply back to that message for an agent to pick up your case. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi, I'm experiencing the same problem. Probably I logged in with facebook and now I'm unable to update my address in my account, and now it's giving me the message "Another account is already registered with this email address".

Anyone can help?

@spritz82 wrote:

Hi, I'm experiencing the same problem. Probably I logged in with facebook and now I'm unable to update my address in my account, and now it's giving me the message "Another account is already registered with this email address".

Anyone can help?

Just get in touch using the form I linked to above and the Spotify team will be able to sort it out for you 😉 

Peter

Peter

I had that problem as well

Hi, 

I can't change my Spotify password. It says: "Another account is already registered with this email address"

Please delete my Facebook spotify account (I guess that's the problem?) so I can change my password. People keep logging in to my Spotify all the time. 

Thanks!

Hi, 

I can't change my Spotify password. It says: "Another account is already registered with this email address"

I have the same problem, can anyone help me ?

@Timpe85 wrote:

Hi, 

I have the same problem, can anyone help me ?

Hey!  🙂 

That issue occurs normally when you have a duplicate account in the system, possibly created via Facebook. If you get in touch with the Spotify team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to remove that extra account for you. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter

I'm having the same issue--would like to update pw but I can't because of the "Another account is already registered with this email address" error message. Can you please assist? 

Suggested posts