Step 1

NEXT STEP

Another account is already registered with this email address

Solved!

Cant change mailadress, please help.

60 Replies

@jmart2288 wrote:

I'm having the same issue--would like to update pw but I can't because of the "Another account is already registered with this email address" error message. Can you please assist? 

Use the form I linked to in the post directly above yours and the Spotify team will be able to get it sorted for you 😉 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I want to change my password but keep getting this message in my profile: 

Plz help!

If you use the facebook login, you need to change your facebook password on their site.

@jmart2288 wrote:

I want to change my password but keep getting this message in my profile: 

Plz help!

I don't have it linked to fb

I hope Peter won't mind if I quote him......

That issue occurs normally when you have a duplicate account in the system, possibly created via Facebook. If you get in touch with the Spotify team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to remove that extra account for you. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

thanks!

Hi.

I linked long time ago my Spotify account to Facebook. Last July I went to Ireland to work there for a few months. Now that I am back, I was told to change the country, so I went to my profile and change it again, but now it says that another account is registered with my e-mail.

Can you help me out with this?

Thank you very much.

@orobles wrote:

Hi.

I linked long time ago my Spotify account to Facebook. Last July I went to Ireland to work there for a few months. Now that I am back, I was told to change the country, so I went to my profile and change it again, but now it says that another account is registered with my e-mail.

Can you help me out with this?

Thank you very much.

Sounds like you have a duplicate account creeping in the system somewhere. 

If you could drop support an email here they will be able to get that sorted out for you. If you get an automated email reply, just reply directly to that and your case will go through to an advisor. 

Peter

Peter

I am trying to change my password.

When I click SAVE I get this message:

Another account is already registered with this email address.

Does anyone know how to solve this?

If the answers already on this page don't help, please shout.

I'm having this problem too as I had linked my facebook account to my spotify account and I can't use the e-mail address that my FB account uses as it comes up with this problem so I've unlinked my fb account from spotify and still having the same problem.

If you get in touch with the Spotify support team directly using the online contact form they can easily remove the extra account for you. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, please tweet @SpotifyCares.

Peter

I am also having this problem.  I need to change my details and update my password before subscribing...

This normally happens if you have two accounts - possibly one with a spotify username and another linked to facebook. If you get in touch here, the support guys can help. If you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, please reply to it to speed things along.

The same issue with me. I already sent feedback and got an automated response with directions to get help somewhere else... Finally found myself here.

The reason is apparently two accounts with one person - thanks to Facebook. Could the other one, with my user name, be removed?

Hello, I have the same problem! Can you help me out?

Use the online contact form mentioned above. I believe they have to delete your FB created account since that is email specific (marking your old email address as "in use.")

I've been working with them the last few days to merge together a Facebook created account and a Spotify username account. I had them delete the Facebook account and I then connected it to my new Spotify account through the web account settings.

Although the Spotify account is now joined to my Facebook account, I can't update my email address and I am getting this error too. Needless to say, I'm confident they'll get it fixed and they've been a pleasure to work with so far.

Good luck in your endeavor.

My issue is already resolved.

In the end I performed a full account transfer from a Facebook created account to a native Spotify username. I now have my original email and Facebook linked to my new Spotify account.

The support team was great to work with and they were fast!

@MathewCNichols - Glad you got it fixed! 🙂

Peter

I wrote here weeks ago and wrote to the contact email but I haven't received any reply yet...

Suggested posts