Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Beware: Spotify is trying to rip me off (now I have to cancel my bank account)

Beware: Spotify is trying to rip me off (now I have to cancel my bank account)

These guys are true crooks. I cancelled my subscription months ago and uninstalled their crappy/buggy mobile app and the subscription AUTOMATICALLY reactivated itself and they charged my account and now I cannot undo my subscription. Because I cannot delete my account or delete my credit card information, I am now forced with the unfortunate task of having to close down my bank account of which I've been a loyal customer for almost 10 years.

I would be very weary when siging up for the premium subscription. Once these guys have your credit card info, they'll never let it go

5 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

Spotify are not in the business of ripping people off, if you get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form they are normally more than happy to refund anyone who has been paying but has not been using the service. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Also, if you post your case number here, I can escalate it to the Spotify staff for a response asap for you. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

The reference # is below.

ref:_00DD0pxIW._500D0QNC8u:ref

This is extraordinarily frustrating since I am not in the United States right now and cannot contact customer support directly and when attempting to login, Spotify automatically detects the country I am in and translates to the local language which I am not familiar. 

It leaves me feeling very vulnerable because you cannot conduct business sucessfully without entering your credit card information however once a company has your credit card # they can effectively charge it without your authorization haphasardly. And your only recourse is to open a dispute case with your bank which is extremely frustrating and time-consuming.

Hey jben, looks like one of my colleagues replied to your case earlier today. Feel free to reply to that with any further questions about anything.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

why i used paypal! cancellation was ez. this stuff too hard to understand for an old dog like me. but 10 bucks a month to listen to my playlists on ma system in ma tahoe a bit high! if i could figure how to transfer to usb flash i would!

@xmanboo wrote:

if i could figure how to transfer to usb flash i would!

Unfortunately that isn't possible since Spotify encrypts all of its offline content so you can only play it back on a supported Spotify application. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts