R4D
Music Lover
R4D

Block other users.

[ Edited ]

There is a person who I would like to block from following me, messaging me, sending me tracks, and any other interaction.

I am no longer friends with this person on facebook, and I have selected "Block from inbox" on this person’s name in my inbox.

The current minimal feature to block a user does not work at all. I have since selecting "block" received tracks from this user.

Please fix these privacy issues. This is the only from of social media I am unable to block this person on, and they are abusing that.

Yes, there have been similar posts to this, but the issue has not been resolved, and I thought I could explain it more thoroughly.

Thank you,

R4D

Garage Band
simrie

Re: Block other users.

I'll be interested to see what replies you get..I'd like to block someone too and am finding it impossible.

Gold Streaming Artist
hpguru

Heeeey theeeereeee!

This is possible! However you need to do some work with it.

First: go to your Inbox and then click "Filter". Now please check "Show only from folks I follow".

Then! Just add folks to your list. Go to profile and then "Add person".

And now you receive only messages from folks you're following. However those blocked folks can still send messages, but you see only messages from folks you're following!

Hope this heeeeelpssss!!!

Any questions ... just ask !!!

Spotify for music listening, user since April 2009. Netflix for movie watching, user since July 2013. 100M/5M cable modem and 50M/25M mobile network. Pimp your life with streaming everywhere!
Richard

simrie - which version of the app are you running?

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips
Gig Goer
acherontic

Yea, with all the new functionality implemented to Spotify a block user functionality should be a main priority! 

Festival Fanatic
TooMuchToFollow

I have someone who is adding unrelated tracks to my collaborative playlist. I don't want to make the list uncollaborative because fans of the show Glee might know songs from the show I don't remember and/or have found sources of the songs other than my local ones that they can't see.

I'm sure this guy is just adding his music in an attempt to get the attention of the producers of Glee, but I doubt very seriously they follow the playlist. Regardless, I want to block him from adding tracks to the playlist, not block him from sending me messages.

Tumblr: DON'T CLICK THAT FOLLOW
Festival Fanatic
TooMuchToFollow

I have someone adding unrelated tracks to my collaborative "Glee Covers & Their Originals" playlist. I don't want to make the list uncollaborative because fans might know songs from the show I don't remember and/or have found sources of the songs other than my local ones that they can't see.

I'm sure this guy is adding his music in hopes of getting the attention of the producers/music programmers of Glee, but I doubt they follow the playlist. Regardless, I want to block him from adding tracks to the playlist, not block him from sending me messages.

Festival Fanatic
TooMuchToFollow

hpguru wrote:

First: go to your Inbox and then click "Filter". Now please check "Show only from folks I follow".

Then! Just add folks to your list. Go to profile and then "Add person".

And now you receive only messages from folks you're following. However those blocked folks can still send messages, but you see only messages from folks you're following!

There is no "Filter" when I go to my inbox. There is an "ignored users," which just brings up a box that says, "You have no ignored users," and doesn't give me any option to add any. Nowhere in the messages section or my profile did I see anything about ignored users, nor did I see anything about "only people I follow," except when it came to whom got to see what in my personal info and community activity.

Peter
Kudos: 11,149
Solutions: 3,114

Hey @TooMuchToFollow ! :) 

Unfortunately, there is no way to block someone from following you or from editing a collaborative playlist. Its especially annoying when someone won't stop editing your playlist!

The inbox filter is a bit of a random one too, I have never been able to get it to work correctly since Facebook came on the scene! 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Yoda and Bug Whisperer

Spotify Last.FM Twitter spoti.fi/meetpeter

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Gold Streaming Artist
hpguru

Hey there.

I'm sorry to hear there is no more option to hide unfollowed folks.

New design in app, bInbox is now Messages, so there you can talk about music with your friends / other guys.

If you want to stop followers in playlist, make it private when you create playlist.

Spotify for music listening, user since April 2009. Netflix for movie watching, user since July 2013. 100M/5M cable modem and 50M/25M mobile network. Pimp your life with streaming everywhere!
Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.
If you'd like to join, please make sure you read the attached pdf file and fill out this form:
Please log in (or register) to see the link.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.