Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Music Lover
antonomasia1

Can only log in to Spotify player through Facebook

This is really weird.

I have been a member of Spotify since 2009 and linked the account to my Facebook account in autumn 2011.

Now, if I log out, the email address that shows on the login screen is the address my Facebook account is registered to (my Spotify account is registered to a different email address).

I cannot log in using the Spotify registered address and the password which works to open my Spotify account on the web, even if I tell the player login screen not to remember my details, close it and reopen it.

My account on the web tells me, when I try to change my account email address to the same one I have for Facebook, that that address is already registered to another Spotify account. But it also tells me that I have already linked Facebook to Spotify.

But it does look like I only have one account: if I open "My account" when logged in through Facebook, it goes to the account with the different email address, and which is the one I pay subscription for. I'm on Unlimited when I open it through Facebook, and I know I only pay for one subscription.

Is there a way to get them on to the same email address and allow me to open the player without always having to log in to Facebook first?

Community Manager
Meredith

Re: Can only log in to Spotify player through Facebook

Antonomasia1- Please have a look in your inbox as I've just sent you an email regarding your account. 

--------

Looking for tunes?

What I've been listening to

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Music Fan
HEINZJUNKINS

SAME PROBLEM!

NEED HELP ASAP PLEASE.

really annoying!!

Community Manager
Meredith

Hi Heinzjunkins- I've had a look and your account is fine on our end. In fact, your Unlimited account isn't currently linked to your Facebook at all. 

Just be sure you're using your "heinzjunkins" username (not your email address) to login. If you need to reset that password just click here

--------

Looking for tunes?

Gig Goer
Bobbovich

Hi! My problem is similar. I registered my account on one e-mail adress, my facebook account on another.

Now I want to change so that my Spotify account is registered on the same account as my Facebook account!

But when I try it, it says that there's already a Spotify account registered on that e-mail.

Could I get some help with this?

Community Manager
Meredith

Hi Bobbovich- You should be able to link your Facebook to your 'bobbovich' account via your Preferences page: Edit > Preferences (in Windows) or Spotify > Preferences (in Mac)

Under the section 'Social Network' select 'Connect to Facebook'. Then log in with the email address/ password linked to your Facebook profile. 

If for some reason you can't connect the two, please post your FB email here--I'll delete it ASAP. 

--------

Looking for tunes?

Gig Goer
Bobbovich

Thats not what I wanted.

You see, since there are two e-mail adresses, and the one I've set up my Spotify account on, is one that I'm planning to delete.

So I've been trying to type in my other e-mail, the one I've registered my Facebook on.

When I click "Save Profile", it says: "Another account is already registered with this email address."

Community Manager
Meredith

Hi Bobbovich- That's fine, I just need to know the other email address you can't switch to in order to help. 

If you post it here I can remove it as soon as we've sorted this out. 

--------

Looking for tunes?

Gig Goer
Bobbovich

[ Edited ]

Here it is:

robert*****@****.com

Community Manager
Meredith

Hi Bobbovich- Thanks. I've now removed a duplicate account that you had created on our system via Facebook.

You should now be able to change your 'bobbeh89' without any issue. 

--------

Looking for tunes?

Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.
If you'd like to join, please make sure you read the attached pdf file and fill out this form:
Please log in (or register) to see the link.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.