Help - Accounts and Subscriptions

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Concert Regular
pumpkinpiehigh

Can people see your iTunes library on Spotify?

In Spotify preferences there's an area that says 'Local Files'.  Under 'Show tracks from these sources:', the option iTunes was checked. Does that mean that people can see my iTunes music? Or does that mean that iTunes shows up in my own Spotify? I'm so confused about all of these privacy settings.  Thanks!

MichaelJerzak
Topics: 59
Kudos: 291
Blog Posts: 0
Ideas: 13
Solutions: 69

Re: Can people see your iTunes library on Spotify?

it means that iTunes shows up in your own Spotify.

Michael
I AM NOT A SPOTIFY STAFF MEMBER| I'm a Spotify Community Expert
Was this information helpful to you? Give me kudos or accept as solution, if so!
Peter
Kudos: 12,315
Solutions: 3,373
I'm a Community Rock Star

Re: Can people see your iTunes library on Spotify?

Yes Michael is totally correct here, those local files will be imported into your Spotify client for your usage only (since letting someone else play them would be a copyright issue).

The only way people would be able to see those tracks (but not play them) is if you add them to a public playlist, in that case the track names would appear, but they would only be playable to you, unless Spotify also has the song in its catalogue. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Yoda and Bug Whisperer

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.