Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't Log In

Solved!

Can't Log In

I am inputting my user name and password correctly, and I get a message through the Spotify app on my laptop that the username or password is incorrect. I even reset my password successfully and I still cannot log in. Help?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I am getting the same problem.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

im getting same problem and beginning to think spotify is waste of time

Marked as solution

Escalated, the community team will see what has happened to those cases for you. 8 days is a long long time, they normally get answered in 24 hours!

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

29 Replies
Marked as solution

I am getting the same problem.

Me too.

Marked as solution

im getting same problem and beginning to think spotify is waste of time

won't let me log in at all. The username and password are fine, i think...it just won't let me log in. I've tried to uninstall and re-install it a few good times, but still nothing. I really need my music omg. I think it's something to do with my Facebook, as I log in with that, but I don't know. Omg someone help...

I have the same problem, and have HAD the problem in the past.  I think it generally coincides with an issue with the spotify servers or whatever. Still not cool. No access to my music and I'm trying to work. sucks.

popartmonkey - Exactly what error codes/ messages are you receiving? 

Please also be sure you're signing in with your Spotify username and not your email address. 

I can't log in either. It says I can use my Facebook account but it doesn't accept it even though Facebook does.

help help

it keeps saying

FAILED TO ENABLE SPOTIFY SOCIAL

I HAVE TRIED TO RESET IT ALL WITHOUT LUCK !!! WHAT TO DO

OR IS IT HACKED ???

lawren5 - Hmm, all is well on our end. Are you using the exact same email and password that you use for Facebook?

Have you tried temporarily changing your FB password? You can check that change has gone through by first signing into www.spotify.com

dortheB- This is a separate issue. Please check out this post here for steps on getting rid of that message: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Mac/Error-Message-Failed-to-enable-Spotify-Social/m-p/106281...

I've a similar problem.

I recently changed my facebook password and since then i can't log in to spotify anymore.

It says the account or password is wrong; On the site it works nonetheless.

I only use spotify on my homecomputer. Despite the fact that I've got a premium-account i never was able to log in on other devices. There i get the message that my email address is not linked to an account (might be a facebook problem)

Hi Michael_NED - The first thing I recommend is a quick clean reinstallation on your desktop. If you're still having trouble, please let us know your OS/ Spotify app version. 

As far as your mobile goes, the log in procedure can vary depending on the device. What kind of mobile are you using?

Hi Meredith, I did a clean reinstallation on my desktop, but I still can't log in. 

I ran version 0.8.4.124.ga3559d86 on Windows 7 Home Starter. It still says my username/password is wrong.

I use the Spotify app from the Google Play store on a HTC Sensation XL. To log in with Facebook-account it transfers me to a Facebook  login screen. I do have the same problem in the Facebook app. I still do think this is a Facebook problem, thanks for the effort

Thanks for that update. I can confirm your account is properly linked to Facebook on our end and your Premium is active. 

Are you able to successfully sign into www.facebook.com? Are you using the same details to sign into the Spotify site?

i can´t  log in on my mobile !!

just shows a white display ....and then it say .. not connected to google play server

what´s  wrong with this  ???

Yes I can sign into facebook and I am using the same details. On the website I can sign in properly (at least on my home computer) When I try to sign into spotify or the apps it fails. With spotify I get the message my password/username is wrong and with the apps I get the message my email is not linked to a account

The wry to the situation is that i've only created a Facebook profile to join Spotify

It's a bit frustrating that the thing I didn't realy want/need in the first place is blocking me

Hi, I can not log in from the program, but if from the web.

I've restored my password but still stating it as incorrect. The error message is:
Error logging
Maybe you misspelled your user name or password. If you need help, see the help pages.
(I have the version in Spanish, so it may be lost in translation a bit).

I'm sure I'm using my correct username and password and not have a facebook account linked.
I also tried to reinstall the program but did not fix.

Look in the community and found this thread http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Accounts-and-Subscriptions/Can-t-log-in/m-p/394670#M50031 I followed the steps but have not responded.

So now I ask for your help.

@Carlos_B wrote:

Hi, I can not log in from the program, but if from the web.

I've restored my password but still stating it as incorrect. The error message is:
Error logging
Maybe you misspelled your user name or password. If you need help, see the help pages.
(I have the version in Spanish, so it may be lost in translation a bit).

I'm sure you're using my username and password and not have a facebook account linked.
I also tried to reinstall the program but did not fix.

Look in the community and found this thread http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Accounts-and-Subscriptions/Can-t-log-in/mp/394670 # M50031 I followed the steps but have not responded.

So now again I ask for your help.

What device are you trying to log in on? 

Peter

Peter

Hi Peter
A pc with windows 7. Well, I've already tried on two computers, a PC and a notebook, both with windows 7 and the same error message.

Can you log into the spotify website? If not, can you try resetting your password again? 

Peter

Peter

Suggested posts