Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Concert Regular
jimmer57

Can't Unlink Facebook

I mistakenly set up my account with Facebook.  I DO NOT want my Spotify linked to my Facebook.

How do I unnlink them?

Failing that, how do I cancel my Spotify account?

Sam

Re: Can't Unlink Facebook

Hi,

Welcome to the Community! As you set up your account through Facebook, you won't be able to totally disconnect them. However, you can decide what info your Spotify shares with Facebook in your Preferences menu. Just log into your Spotify and click on 'Edit' (Windows) or 'Spotify' (Mac). You'll then see 'Preferences'. You can manage all your sharing here.

If you do wish to delete your account, we can do that for you. Just email into Customer Support. Head to 'About us' above, then 'Contact Form'.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?
Music Lover
sabinanathalie

I've accidently conected my friends facebook to my spotify, how do I unconect hers and conect mine?

Sam

Sabinanathalie - Not to worry. Just log in with your original username 'sabinanathalie', head to 'Preferences' (like I described above), and scroll down to 'Disconnect from Facebook'. You'll then be able to relink your Spotify to your Facebook.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?
Music Lover
sabinanathalie

I only find the "conect to facebook" button.. there is no disconect.. and if I try, then spotify just starts over.. skips back to the preference page...

Community Manager
Meredith

Hi Sabinanthalie- That's quite strange. Are you definitely logging in with your 'sabinanathalie' username?

I've gone ahead and made that disconnect for you. No Facebook account should be linked to your Spotify.

You should now be able to link your account to your own FB via the Preferences page.
--------
Looking for tunes?

What I've been listening to

Want the chance to WIN a Spotify gym bag and water bottle? Just enter our contest here.
Concert Regular
jimmer57

Well, on the face of it, do you mean open the Spotify Application or log in to my account on the Spotify website?  I am on a Mac but do not see a "Spotify" link on either of them.

Second, if I can't unlink, I'd rather shut it down and start over.  How can I disable my Spotify Account?

Thanks,

Jim

Concert Regular
jimmer57

And by the way, where did that avatar come from?  I never uploaded a photo or picked a graphic.  While I find Spotify frustrating so far, I don't quite feel THAT angry    ;—)

Jim

Richard

[ Edited ]

Jimmer, we can help you out with disabling the account and starting over if you want, but you'll still need to be connected to a Facebook profile. Just let us know how you'd like to proceed.

Oh, and you can change your avatar at any time by going to My Settings > Avatars at the top of the page here.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips
Concert Regular
jimmer57

Thanks, Richaard.

In order:

-I figured out the avatar, and thanks.

-I went to the page you suggested and saw nothing that I could change, except my subscription to this thread.

-if I can't completely disconnect Facebook, I'd rathar not have Spotify.  It looks like a wonderful service, and I know I would take great delight in using it, but I'm not interested in opening my privacy that much.  Please post or send instructions to unsubscribe, and please remove my user data.

Thanks for your help, and best wishes,

Jim

Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.
If you'd like to join, please make sure you read the attached pdf file and fill out this form:
Please log in (or register) to see the link.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.