Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't activate my student discount

Can't activate my student discount

My subscription to Premium ran up today, so I went to reactivate it.  I previously activated my U.S. student discount and have been paying the discounted price each month.  Upon reactivating my subscription today, I was surprised to see that it charged me $9.99, despite the fact that I already verified my eligibility for the discount.  Now, it seems that I can't activate the discount.  I went to the U.S. Student discount page and clicked the link to get started, and it led me to my spotify account page.  From there, I can't find anything relating to the discount. 

After that, I decided to try to cancel my subscription and restart it on the student discount, but cancelling apparently isn't an option either.

I would prefer to refund my full payment, if possible, but it's more important to me that I pay the discounted price from now on.

1 Reply

Hey @MicrowavedBacon  and welcome to the community!

Officially it should work after unsubscribing and then resubscribing through the Student page (did you try that or did you resubscribe from the payment page?). Anyways, I'd suggest reaching out to the official support team by using this contact form since this is a billing problem where we community members can't do much: https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/.

If you receive an automated email that leads you back to the community or help pages, reply to it (even if it's from "no-reply") and one of the Spotify team members will get back to you as soon as possible.

Suggested posts