Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't buy Spotify Premium?

Solved!

Can't buy Spotify Premium?

I'm a student, and it's forcing me to try to 30 day free trial. That's not a big deal for me, though, but it isn't letting me past any part of the process. Instead, it insists that the account that I'm already logged into has the wrong password.

1) Upgrade account

2) Free trial page

3) Select payment option as visa/mc

4) Wrong password?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I found a work-around after multiple emails per day with Spotify Support. 

They recommended linking with Facebook (Didn't work), veriflying the card being used for payment (Didn't work), using a different browser and/or incognito mode (Didn't work), and a number of different suggestions. 

My work-around that let me upgrade was to use the mobile app to upgrade. I did let Spotify Support know that there is still an issue with upgrading online but the mobile app will work.

View solution in original post

23 Replies

I have been having the same problem, except no matter what link I use to try and upgrade, there is no option to enter my password. I have tried logging out and back in and resetting my password and nothing works. I am getting extremely frustrated here Spotify.

@rbuehrer - Weird, do you normally log in using a Spotify username or with Facebook?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi there welcome to the community!

Could you try changing your password from your online profile and see if that makes any difference? Let me know 🙂

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Last.fm | Twitter

Backstage Intro - Meet Jordi!
What's it like to be in a Spotify Office?

Did I help? Please add a like!
Did I solve your issue? Please accept as the solution!

No luck 😞

Could you following these steps:

1. Go to your payment methods
  2. Remove your current creditcard information
  3. Click at Try premium for 30 days
  4. Re-add your creditcard information and press submit

See if that worked as it worked for a few people.

Last.fm | Twitter

I've approached a new problem.

I decided to delete my pre-existing payment option and go to the Student Discount purchase (which I already approved and registered for with school ID) and it takes me to a screen that just says "Oh no! Something has gone horribly wrong! But don't be sad. You can try again a little bit later."

so idk what to dooooooo about itttttttttt

Also, to the gentleman above me, it say "Purchase is currently not available"

Ok, I would suggest getting in touch with the spotify support team by using the online contact form.

If you get an auto reply back directing you to the help pages, just reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the employees will get back to you as soon as possible.

Last.fm | Twitter

I did the 7-day trial and gave my card information to Spotify. I use Spotify on my computers (3) and an Android device (S5). When I try to upgrade online, it asks for the 30-day trial. I then click on "Confirm Purchase" and it tells me the Password is Wrong. 

I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice per device with absolutely no success. I have also changed my password and know what it is. 

I need ad-free music and already have a playlist that I like so I don't want to switch. I also use it in my streaming setup and that is why I am paying/willing to pay for Premium.

I need help ASAP. 

Thanks.

Rookzer

Hi there,

Welcome at the Spotify Community! 

I think the best thing to do is to get in touch with the Spotify Consumer team.

You may get in touch with Spotify via their Twitter page (@SpotifyCares), or by following this link to send an e-mail.
If you send an e-mail, please check your inbox (and spam box) to check for their automatic reply. Once you get it, please reply to it immediatly (even if it's from an no-reply e-mail addres) to make sure an Spotify employee will get back to you as soon as possible.

Is it asking you for the password on the confirmation page? Be aware it will be the password tied your Spotify account, not your Facebook password (even though you can use your Facebook details to log in).

Peter

I have not connected Spotify with my FaceBook b/c it is not for that area of my social networking. I will attach a screenshot of what I get.

Spotify Error.png

Very strange indeed! 

Could you just check all of your details including ZIP code are correct on this page:

https://www.spotify.com/account/profile/

Otherwise, get in touch with the payments directly using the online contact form as they are going to need to look into this in a little more detail for you. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

I have contacted them via email (or whatever they want to call it) and I got an automated response. Since then, I haven't received anything. I don't want to go to another music service b/c I have built a really good playlist.

Just reply directly to that auto response and that will bump your case over to someone to check out.

Peter

Everything is correct on my profile. I replied to the automated email. Now I just have to wait. 

Marked as solution

I found a work-around after multiple emails per day with Spotify Support. 

They recommended linking with Facebook (Didn't work), veriflying the card being used for payment (Didn't work), using a different browser and/or incognito mode (Didn't work), and a number of different suggestions. 

My work-around that let me upgrade was to use the mobile app to upgrade. I did let Spotify Support know that there is still an issue with upgrading online but the mobile app will work.

Hey everyone! 

The issue should now be resolved and a "work around" is no longer needed. 🙂

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

i cant buy the 3 months spotify premium... whenever i want to buy, it will say "opps! seems your card or payment provider is having a bad day. dont worry, no money has been charged. try again or use another payment method" what does that mean??? I need help here... please...

Does it work if you try 1 month?

Suggested posts