Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't' change password

Solved!

Can't' change password

Hi,

I'm trying to change my password on my spotify account but it says "Another account is already registered with this email address."

What do I do?

165 Replies

I have the same problem as the rest of them. I'm trying to change my password but all it says is that "Another account is already registered with this email address" . Could you fix this?

Mrlordify - It seems that you had two accounts. I've deleted one now, and you should hopefully be able to change your password on your "mrlordify" account.
Airhorn Enthusiast

I'm also having difficulties.  I tried making a seperate account from my facebook one because it was linking up properly.  SO i thought I'd try making a seperate account and I've seen to make matters worse.  Now I had to pay for an account instead of using my free trial that was attached to my facebook account AND now I cant log into said account.  I need some serious help.  Here are my usernames.

xxxx

The one attached to my face book

xxxx

just using spotify details and the one I paid for. And the one I'm locked out of. I dont know what else to do. Please help.

[Mod edit: removed personal details]

@dilldaddy wrote:

I'm also having difficulties.  I tried making a seperate account from my facebook one because it was linking up properly.  SO i thought I'd try making a seperate account and I've seen to make matters worse.  Now I had to pay for an account instead of using my free trial that was attached to my facebook account AND now I cant log into said account.  I need some serious help.  Here are my usernames.

xxxx

The one attached to my face book

xxxx

just using spotify details and the one I paid for. And the one I'm locked out of. I dont know what else to do. Please help.

[Mod edit: removed personal details]

Hey dilldaddy, I've just removed your email addresses from that post - best not to have them made too public.

And this sounds like a complicated issue that we're unlikely to be able to resolve directly over this Community. Instead, please use our contact form to get in touch.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Hello,

I got the same problem with the notice "Another account is already registered with this email address". Can you help me too? Thanks!

Fundersam - Should now be sorted if you want to give it another try.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

I tried today to change my password and the e-mail message comes up as well! Could you take a look please? 

Thanks

I have the same problem, can't edit my account details. Says my e-mail is used by another account (facebook probably) could you disable it? I have spotify unlimited and it says that I have spotify free when I log in here with the facebook details.

djjanaj & marrapirreparra - What's happened here is you've both made extra accounts linked to Facebook. I've removed those now so the password reset should work as normal. 

The best way to prevent making another duplicate is linking your FB to your Spotify via your Preferences page: Edit > Preferences (in Windows) or Spotify > Preferences (in Mac)

You don't have to share your listening on FB. Those settings can be adjusted in Preferences too. 

Works! Thanks! and thanks for the tip

I have the same problem. Cannot change password, because e-mail is already in use. Please fix it. 

Hi Temppa - I've just removed that duplicate account for you. Please give that password reset another try. 

I'm having this exact same problem 'Another account is already registered with this email address' when i try to change my password.

@bloodyscarr wrote:

I'm having this exact same problem 'Another account is already registered with this email address' when i try to change my password.

Hey bloodyscarr - That extra account has been removed for you. 

cant change password cause it says my mail adress is in use by another acount????

Hello again. Checked the preferences, not connected to facebook anymore. Can't change my passcode though. And I can't turn off email subscription to this thread (says there are no subscriptions). What might be the issue this time?

brandsbo & Marrapirre - You've both made duplicate accounts via your Facebook. 

I've just removed them for both of you though--please give those password resets another try. 

@Marrapirre - That account was also the reason you were still getting emails. Those notifications should stop for you now. 

That did the trick, thanks!

I couldn´t do changes in my profile since the account said "Another account is already registered with this email address" so I changed my email adress to another ... Now I can´t change back ....

The majority of you experiencing this issue have unknowingly made a new account via Facebook. You can solve this by following the steps below:

1. Log into your Edit Profile page with your Facebook details: https://www.spotify.com/account/profile/

Do you have a username made of digits? If so you've made a duplicate account linked to your Facebook. 

2. From there add .del to the end of your email address. You'll then be able to edit your original account (with a Spotify username) as normal

3. Can't log in with your FB details? Still getting "Another account is already registered with this email address"? Head to the contact form

Suggested posts