Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't' change password

Solved!

Can't' change password

Hi,

I'm trying to change my password on my spotify account but it says "Another account is already registered with this email address."

What do I do?

165 Replies

I have the same problem. I would like to change my password. Can you help me?

@paulinezick wrote:

I have the same problem. I would like to change my password. Can you help me?

I'd recommend getting in touch via our contact form for us to help you out on this.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

I am having the same issue. I read that a duplicate account can accidentally be made when you log in with your Facebook account. I logged in with Facebook on accident, and I was wondering if my duplicate account could be deleted.

Thank you,

Vannah

@vannahrenee wrote:

I am having the same issue. I read that a duplicate account can accidentally be made when you log in with your Facebook account. I logged in with Facebook on accident, and I was wondering if my duplicate account could be deleted.

Thank you,

Vannah

Sure, done.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

hi, im having problems accessing my account. i have forgotten my password and am unable to change it because i keep being prompted to sign in with facebook. when i do that i have no playlists?!

can you please help?

@richyboi9 wrote:

hi, im having problems accessing my account. i have forgotten my password and am unable to change it because i keep being prompted to sign in with facebook. when i do that i have no playlists?!

can you please help?

Hey 🙂

Do you know your Spotify username? If so, try entering that on the password reset page rather than your email address.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi. I've the same problem. Can't save my password because: "Another account is already registered with this email address." So if you could remove my Facebook account here, it would be great. 🙂

Regards,

sölarn

@sölarn wrote:

Hi. I've the same problem. Can't save my password because: "Another account is already registered with this email address." So if you could remove my Facebook account here, it would be great. 🙂

Regards,

sölarn

Meredith just did this 🙂

@sölarn wrote:

Regards,

sölarn

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

I have passed your request over to a member of the community staff, who have removed this duplicate account for you.

You should now be able to change your password from your online profile as normal.

If you have any more issues, be sure to let us know!

Peter

Peter

I am currently using my facebook account because I can't log into my Spotify account. I have tried to change the password and everytime I get an email and click the link it says "You have been logged out for security reasons." I have tried on multiple computers and my phone with no avail. I know it's not my internet because I have it secured pretty well. I need to change the password for the account "meatymike1" Please help

i have the same problem as meatymike1 but for the account of "Bubble816" with the e-mail of "liquid-water@virginmedia.com" can anyone help me?

I can't reset my password, I tried to, but it kept on telling me "Using Facebook" But my spotify isn't linked to my facebook as an app

@user-removed wrote:

I can't reset my password, I tried to, but it kept on telling me "Using Facebook" But my spotify isn't linked to my facebook as an app

Have you tried entering your username rather than your email address on the password reset page? 

Peter

Peter

Hey,

My problem is a little bit different. I have this account with the wrong email adress. I can't acces that email adress anymore. I wanted to change it but I can't remember my password. I always logged in with my facebook account (and I still can). So I never had to enter my password.

You will need to get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to change that over for you after verifying a few details. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter

Okay I filled in the online contact form. In my mother tongue, Dutch, I hope that's no problem. I have two questions and I hope you (or somebody else) got an answer. How exactly are they going to contact me? On my new email adress? I put my new email adress in the contact form. How long does it approximately take them to contact me? Just so that I know how long I have to wait or that I have to send another one.

Thanks!

@Theblue96 wrote:

Okay I filled in the online contact form. In my mother tongue, Dutch, I hope that's no problem. I have two questions and I hope you (or somebody else) got an answer. How exactly are they going to contact me? On my new email adress? I put my new email adress in the contact form. How long does it approximately take them to contact me? Just so that I know how long I have to wait or that I have to send another one.

Thanks!

Yes, you can submit a contact form in Dutch and someone should reply to you in that language too 😉 

If you clearly specified your email address in the form, they should get back to you on that address normally within 24 hours. If you have any issues, or don't get the email there is an alternative contact form here which you can also try. 

Peter

Peter

Hi!

The same problem as many others, can't change my password.

First I get this "Another account is already registered with this email address"

Second I get when I'm trying 2 reset password "The email address you provided is not associated with an active Spotify account".

The funny thing is that I'm using my email to log in, but in some strange matter I get the wrong message.

And also the same as on my fb. So it must be a bugg?? 

Can U please help.

Mvh

Agerbladh

@agerblad wrote:

Hi!

The same problem as many others, can't change my password.

First I get this "Another account is already registered with this email address"

Second I get when I'm trying 2 reset password "The email address you provided is not associated with an active Spotify account".

The funny thing is that I'm using my email to log in, but in some strange matter I get the wrong message.

And also the same as on my fb. So it must be a bugg?? 

Can U please help.

Mvh

Agerbladh

It sounds like you have a duplicate account in the system which is why it is complaining your email address is already being used. You will need to get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to remove that extra account for you so you can then change your password. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter

Hello,

I still haven't got any email. I tried the first contact form on monday 06-May and the second contact form on tuesday the seventh. I had clearly stated my problem and my new email adres. Should I try again or wait a little bit longer?

Suggested posts