Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't disconnect from Facebook

Solved!

Can't disconnect from Facebook

I have a premium account with a dedicated spotify username and while messing around I connected my spotify to my facebook. Now I cant get rid of it.

I dont want to connect to a different facebook account - just have no facebook connection.

I tried disconnecting and then doing a clean install, deleting the cache and application support first. I also tried pressing disconnect under preferences. It disconnects for a while but the info is stored in the cache. If I close spotify then reopen it has automatically reconnected itself to facebook and I have to press the disconnect button again. Im on a mac with Mavericks OS.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there sarahypy - I'm happy to report I finally got it sorted out! I opened a Spotify Customer support ticket and then when I got the automated response but no follow up I sent them an email chasing it up. For some reason my FB was still 'connected' even though I had disconnected in preferences (maybe because it was still listed under 'Apps' in facebook itself.) I deleted that app in Facebook and the Spotify team also disconnected me again.

Soooo maybe try just deleting the Spotify app in facebook as well as disconnecting under preferences in Spotify. If that fails open a help ticket with spotify and see if they can disconnect you as well. 

Oh and its taken quite a few days to fully show up as back to normal. About 4 days maybe - deleting the Cache and reinstalling still didnt help for some reason. But it IS possible so dont lose hope! 

Im off to lie in a dark room now.

View solution in original post

17 Replies

hi,

try to create a different account, i mean a new one. and then log in from the new one.

let me know

@swhitmee - How long ago did you disconnect from Facebook? It can take up to 48 hours for the profile pages and your account details to play catch up.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I disconnected again this morning - I tried yesterday but it kept reconnecting automatically. I'll try leaving it open and see what happens. I dont want to create a new account - its too much hassle. 

My account still shows facebook profile and friends more than 2 days after unconnecting. I did another clean reinstall as well which hasnt helped. I wish I had never connected it!

Oh AND its reconnected itself to facebook!

Hi. I have a somewhat similar issue but I deactivated my Facebook account. The first time I logged back into Spotify it automatically reactivated FB. I do not want to have to create a new account as I've saved LOTS of playlists. 

Any suggestions that do not involve reactivating facebook or creating a brand new Spotify account?

@swhitmee - Are you definitely logging in using your Spotify username and not your email address?

@truearies78 - If your account was created using Facebook, there is no way to break that link I'm afraid - so you will need a new account. See this post for details:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Newcomers-and-Contribution/Tutorial-How-to-Disconnect-Spotify-from-F...

Peter

Hi Peter - yes I'm definately logging in with my username not email. Still not reverted back. 

You're not alone friend. I'm having the same issue. HELP US PETER!

Another week has gone by and it hasnt reverted back - I I wrote to sptify for help on the 8th Aug and havent heard a peep.

Could you let me know your 8 digit case numbers (they are in the automated email replies) and I will ask someone to check this out for you?

Peter

Hi Peter - sorry for the delay.

I have been on holiday and havent used spotify for a few weeks. I still have the same problem though. I tried again to do a clean install and log in with my spotify account - its still showing my facebook picture and name. I have been logged out of facebook for about a month now so theres no chance its going to reset. My case number is #01681775

Thanks!

Sarah

I have the same problem and can't find a solution anywhere. My spotify account was NOT created using facebook, but I later decided to connect to facebook. Although I've now disconnected it, my profile photo and friends still show up on spotify everytime I use it. There is no longer the option to 'disconnect from facebook' since supposedly it is already disconnected. I've tried deleting and reinstalling with no luck. This is very annoying and seems like a common problem Spotify doesn't care to fix.

Marked as solution

Hi there sarahypy - I'm happy to report I finally got it sorted out! I opened a Spotify Customer support ticket and then when I got the automated response but no follow up I sent them an email chasing it up. For some reason my FB was still 'connected' even though I had disconnected in preferences (maybe because it was still listed under 'Apps' in facebook itself.) I deleted that app in Facebook and the Spotify team also disconnected me again.

Soooo maybe try just deleting the Spotify app in facebook as well as disconnecting under preferences in Spotify. If that fails open a help ticket with spotify and see if they can disconnect you as well. 

Oh and its taken quite a few days to fully show up as back to normal. About 4 days maybe - deleting the Cache and reinstalling still didnt help for some reason. But it IS possible so dont lose hope! 

Im off to lie in a dark room now.

Glad to hear you got it sorted!

Peter

I am having the same issue, went through the steps to disconnect from Facebook. There is no disconnect button. I did not set up through facebook, and don't want them connected. I also did not connect to it, so I am wondering how that even happened. I am so frustrated with all of the issues I am having, I may delete my account entirely. 

Keep trying - did you delete the facebook spotify app as well? Spotify were helpful when I actually got through to a person. You have to follow up on the ticket or nothing seems to happen.

Suggested posts