Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't get Spotify "unlimited"?

Can't get Spotify "unlimited"?

Hello Forum.

I got Spotify yesterday. As you would guess I can't stand the adverts, but how can I upgrade to "unlimited" version which my girlfriend has? I don't have a cellphone with music player, so I only need access to a Spotify with no commercials on my computer. Besides I don't listen so much to music, that a Premium membership is the best solution, and it is way more expensive than what I pay on music pr. month.

I'm from Denmark, and I read on this forum that the option "unlimited" could be gone for some countries: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Accounts-and-Subscriptions/Missing-quot-Unlimited-quot/td-p/631... But then again, my girlfriend is sitting right next to me and she got access to the unlimited-version 2 years ago.

In the forum-post there's a direct link to "unlimited": https://www.spotify.com/purchase/product/unlimited/? but if I click on it I'm only met with the following frase: "It appears that you are not eligible for the discounted product that you are trying to purchase. If you'd like you can still upgrade your account to premium at any time. "

What can I do?

8 Replies

Hi there,
Welcome at the Spotify Community!

Unfortunately Spotify Unlimited isn't available anymore for new customers. The only thing which might work is the link you provided, but if that doesn't work then I'll have to disappoint you, Spotify Unlimited isn't available for you anymore.

That's kind of stupid. Spotify could earn about 8 dollars pr. month with me as a unlimited-costumer. Now they get nothing. I guess I'll get used to the commercials - like listen to a radio. If not, I'm not keeping Spotify installed.

Wait, but I'm not a new customer and it still says the option is unavailable anymore... I mean,... seriously? That's a very crappy decision, because it happens that my android phone cannot support the app from Spotify, so I'd pay 5 euros extra for nothing! 😞

Spotify unlimited is only available for current customers if you don't switch away from it. Once you switch away, there is no way to get it back. 

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I didn't switch away from it, I even googled and accessed the specific link to continue my unlimited subscription through a gift card, like I always do, but as I entered on the page, it told me that it's not available for me anymore... strangely. My subscription didn't switch into 'free' either before this step. I guess it's just about the decision they made in the Nederlands about it.

The funny thing is that I had my unlimited on until February, and it appeared that by putting 10 euros I kinda switched to Premium in the period of January - February (on the receipt), but on my account details it showed that I'd just prolongued the unlimited only for a month until march (like I paid 5 euros extra for no benefits whatsoever). Even after logging in and out again inside the software, it still shows I am into the unlimited package. It seems like Spotify really contradicts itself this time.

I really need a bit of help from somebody @Spotify. It kinda looks like a con already, and I'm not enjoying it for a bit.

@SuzanaLascu 

I suggest you contact support so you can talk to them about it

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email, you need to reply back to it.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Thank you very much! I initially twitted their Tech support on Spotify, but now I wrote them via your link Cheers!. 😉

You're welcome!

MattSudaSpotify Star

Suggested posts