Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't seem to sign out from my Samsung Smart Tv

Can't seem to sign out from my Samsung Smart Tv

Hi!

Have been trying to do this for weeks... I can't seem to sign out my Spotify-account from my Samsung Smart-TV. When I simply go to "Settings" to sign out, the only thing that comes up on the screen is "View Third Party Licenses", and I can't seem to get anywhere else. I've been trying to go to "View Third Party Licenses", but nothing happens when I press any button on my remote control, so something is definitely wrong. I've been able to sign out earlier, a long time ago without any problems at all.

Please help!

Sincerely,

TheD

12 Replies

Hey @dinaalkhiat

Let me start by welcoming you to the Spotify community and congratulations on your first post. Secondly, let me apologise for the delay in reply to your post.

Are you still having troubles with logging out from your device? If so, which version of Spotify and Firmware are you running on the device?

It may well be worth reinstalling Spotify here, let us know how it goes.

Good Luck!

@Jason I have the exact same problem on my new samsung tv. I want to change account, but cannot log out. "Logout everywhere" from the account page on spotify.com does not seem to work. Spotify versjon 1.02201 on samsung 7505

Please help!

Reinstalling spotify is not possible on my samsung tv

I am having the same exact issue. My son logged in with his Spotify account, and now I am unable to log him out. When I go to settings, I see only a "view third party licenses" that hangs on that screen until I exit to Smart Hub. If I uninstall Spotify, then re-download and install, it still shows up under my sons login.

Any suggestions?

Any news on this issue?

As an update, my solution to this issue was to reset the Smart Hub, and used 0000 for the reset pin. Once the Smart Hub was reset, I had to re-dowload all apps other than the default applications, and reset them up as if the TV was brand new. This worked fine for Spotify.

To reset the Smart Hub follow the steps below.
  1. If the Smart Hub is open exit the Smart Hub. ...
  2. Press the MENU key on your Smart Control.
  3. Navigate to and select the Smart Hub section of the main menu.
  4. Navigate to and select Smart Hub Reset / Reset Smart Hub.
  5. Enter your PIN (it's 0000 by default).

I have the same problem here. I can not log out because the settings menu is not working. Is there any other solutiion besides reseting the smart hub? Have the latest firmware installed for my samsung tv and spotify.

Any news on this one??

I had to reset my tv settings to factory defaults. Then i could enter a new account.

After i did that i have not had this problem again. I am now able to change account.

Aren’t there really any solutions which don’t involve resetting the TV?

I had the same problem, and solved it by resetting the Smart Hub. It's pretty quick and simple, presumably easier than resetting the whole TV.

I still have this problem today. I can get out of the locked situation by resetting the smart hub in the tv but then after a while the Settings menu in Spotify stops working and hangs everything and I have to restart the tv.
Very strange that this cannot be fixed since a lot of people have this problems for several years now.

Suggested posts