Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't subscribe to premium

Can't subscribe to premium

Like the title says I can't subscribe to premium or as it says on the Swedish site "Spotify Premiumom" (Är inte ni ett svensk företag??) anyway, I have been using 30 days premium and now would like to throw my money on you so I can continue to listen to music however I constantly get the following error "Det går tyvärr inte att göra den här typen av prenumerationsändring just nu. Om du vill göra ändringen kan du behöva avsluta din prenumeration först och sedan börja prenumerera igen. Du kan också kontakta vår kundtjänst så hjälper vi dig." which rought translate to "Unfortunately, you can not make this kind of change subscription right now. If you want to make the change, you may need to unsubscribe first and then subscribe again. You may also contact our customer service and we will help you."

And as the error suggest me to remove my current subscription at https://support.spotify.com/us/article/How-to-cancel-your-subscription/ which then tells me to go back to the very same page and press a button that doesn't exist since I don't have any subscription.

However if I go to spotify.com/us/ I get a different error "Unfortunately, there is no support at the moment to make this type of change to your subscription. Contact our customer service team who can help you further." and once again I follow the link to the customer service where I suppose my issue concern "I'm getting an error code/message" but then there is another option where I can't choose a message, only different error codes and from what I can tell no options under the first combined with the second dropdown seem to fit my problem so here I am.

2 Replies

Hey @kinkyboo and welcome to the community!

First, great you like the service and want to subscribe! As mentioned in the error message, I'd suggest reaching out to the official support team by using this contact form: https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/. Don't select "I'm getting an error" but choose the point with "payment" and then "upgrade to premium".

If you receive an automated email that leads you back to the community or help pages, reply to it (even if it's from "no-reply") and one of the Spotify team members will get back to you as soon as possible.

Hi, welcome to the community, and sorry to hear you're having problems subscribing to premium. That contact page you were on will probably be the easiest way to get help with this issue, but on that first dropdown instead of choosing "I'm getting an error code/message," try selecting "Paying for Spotify." Then, on the next dropdown, choose "Upgrading to Premium or Unlimited." Finally, choose "I don't understand how to upgrade Spotify to Unlimited or Premium." If you get a pop up box after this, just close it, then you can type your message in the message box.

I know that doesn't match your issue exactly, but that will help get your message to the right people who can look into your problems. Please also be sure to reply to any automated emails you receive, even if from a no-reply address, to speed up communication.

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts