Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't use my debit card on Spotify

Can't use my debit card on Spotify

First, sorry for my bad english. I'm not so good.

Hi. I'm Peruvian and I really fall in love since Spotify opened his service for Perú. So, when my 2 premium days gone, I tried to use Free Premium but when I put my debit card the system show me error. Sometimes Error 404 and sometimes said "You card o paypal account should be registered in the same country".

I don't understand why I can't use my Debit Card because is from Perú and I have no problems buying things or services in other webs.

I hope you can't help me because I really want use premium.

Thanks.

5 Replies

Hello!

Are you using paypal or entering your debit/credit card information in directly?

Hope this helped 🙂

Don't forget to add your Kudos and mark as a solution if it helped you!

Follow me on Twitter

Whats a Spotify Rock Star?

Hi @ManiakaL

Welcome to the Spotify Community! I hope you enjoy your stay here, :).

I apologize for the inconvenience you're currently experiencing with the Spotify website. I noticed you've only tried Spotify Premium for two days, I know you're already interested in subscribing but I just wanted to let you know that you should take advantage of the free 30-day trial via this link. It will ask for your payment information so that it may charge you when you're starting to run out of time for the free trial. However, since you are experiencing some payment issues, I'll try to offer some solutions/steps that could help resolve the issue.

1. Have you tried clearing your cookies/cache/browsing history before making a payment?
  2. Have you tried using a different browser when making the payment?

Please let me know if you've tried any of these steps and if you're still experiencing any issues. We can try to escalate the issue if it persists.

In the meantime, if you'd like, you can get in touch with the customer service team directly using the online contact form and they might be able to help you out!

If at any point you get an automated response directing you to the community or help pages, you will need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, you can tweet @SpotifyCares.

Again, hope this helps!

Spotify on!
Mikey

Spotify | Twitter

Did you like this post? Please add kudos below!
Did this post solve your issue? Accept it as a solution below!

Hi Mikey.

Thanks for the answer and good wishes.

Unfortunately, I still have the same problem. Even after follow your even after follow your recommendations I can't registred my Debit Card =/

Because I can't use my card, I called the Bank and ask if my debit card have some restrictions to buy on international services. They told me if I'm suscribed in his internet buys program (and I am), I have no restrictions (at least, obviously, if my card is empty. But that not's the problem).

So, I don't know if you can suggest another possible solutions of recommend contact with the customer services. If you recommend that, I wanna know if there is Peruvian Phone Number to call.

Thanks for help!

@user-removed wrote:

Hello!

Are you using paypal or entering your debit/credit card information in directly?

Hi josh.

I'm trying with my debit card directly because before I never had problems doing that.

Do you recommend use paypal?

I think that spotify tries to charge 0.00 to newly registered cards and, understandably in my view, some banks can't handle this test transaction. If paypal will accept your card for recurring payments, then that would be a perfet solution by the sound of it.

Suggested posts