Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cancel Free Account

Solved!

Cancel Free Account

Someone please tell me how I go about cancelling this free Spotify account?? I sent Spotify a message, and they referred me here. I am not happy with the service I have received and I'll just leave it at that. Is anyone willing to help me out with this? Cancelling an account should be very simple, however I've not come accross any cancel options anywhere! How do I cancel the account??

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi everyone- Your best route for requesting an account deletion is the contact form.

If you receive a message directing you back to the Community, simply just reply again with your message. Your email will reach a member of our support team who can then delete your account. 

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

That would be a great solution, except that Spotify sends their emails from no-reply! They offer absolutely NO WAY to cancel their  f###cking service. I will get out somehow, and never ever recommend it to anyone.

Contacting the Spotify Support Team <no-reply@spotify.com>

Marked as solution

@mark8ing wrote:

That would be a great solution, except that Spotify sends their emails from no-reply! They offer absolutely NO WAY to cancel their  f###cking service. I will get out somehow, and never ever recommend it to anyone.

Hey!

Welcome to the community 🙂

Yes the emails are sent from no-reply, but replying to the email will send your reply into the customer support system and a member of staff will pick up your case and assist you. So just reply and it will all get sorted for you! If you are trying to close an account, they will need to confirm some details so will probably contact you again via email, so be sure to check your inbox as well as junk folders.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Marked as solution

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

Sorry to hear you are having issues, it is obviously not Spotify's intention to charge you if you are not using the services. If you get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form they should be able to get to the bottom of this for you. (If you have already done so, read below)

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter

Marked as solution

@meahtenoha wrote:

Hi jaydens10 - I believe you've made two accounts on our system. You can help us hunt down the second one by filling out our contact form

If you have any trouble with the site please let us know. 

If you have got in touch using the contact form, just reply to the automated email you get and your case will be pushed to an agent who can help you close your account. 

Peter

Peter

Marked as solution

This customer service suck! There is NO way to cancel your account. I've never encountered a paid service that does not have a cancel subscription option on their webpage. I think it's time to file a class action suit and contacted the better business bureau.

Marked as solution

Deleted my account where? When you click the "here" link you posted all it does is take you to a forum of people complaining about the same issue. So I I previously posted this customer service sucks.
Here's an idea... If it's as easy as you say post the step by step instructions yourself in a response to this.

Marked as solution

Ready to delete your account? Just hop over to our our contact form. 

Please note! Some of you may receive an auto-response directing you back to the Community.

Don't fret. If you reply directly to that email your message will reach one of our friendly agents.

Peter

Marked as solution

@Adolfo05 wrote:

I want to disactivate my subscription.

In order to request that your free account is deactivated, use the contact form

If you want to cancel a Premium membership and go down to Free, you can do so from the subscription page

Marked as solution

Please cancel my subscription as well. Your cancellation links are nonfunctional.

Marked as solution

There's no need to cancel a free subscription. If you want to delete your account, please use the contact form. When you get an automated response, make sure to reply to that email, even if the address says 'no-reply', as this makes sure your information is sent to the right team.
contact form, and they'll be able to sort this out for you. When you get an automated response, make sure to reply to that email, even if the address says 'no-reply', as this makes sure your information is sent to the right team.

Marked as solution

Why the hell do spotify not just make a delete account button this is truly embarassing the ammount of people looking for the same information regarding this. Im guessing spotify is just one giant bloody scam.

NOW DELETE MY **bleep**EY BLOODY ACCOUNT................................................

Marked as solution

Cancel my account, no need for it,I will no longer be paying for it.

Marked as solution

Thank you that worked and for everyone who is reading any of this DO NOT PAY these people

Marked as solution

Could you please cancel my free premium trial as It was requested by accident.

regards

James

Marked as solution

I want cancel free account

112 Replies

I'm having the same issue.

I read somewhere that if you add .del to the end of your email address in the "personal information" page then your account gets close. But I can't edit my information there because it just tells me to go to facebook to update any personal info.

This is driving me nuts I just want the stupid thing to go away.

Same problem here.

Somebody help?

I have an other premium account so i have two account now. Argh!!!

Marked as solution

Hi everyone- Your best route for requesting an account deletion is the contact form.

If you receive a message directing you back to the Community, simply just reply again with your message. Your email will reach a member of our support team who can then delete your account. 

Marked as solution

Marked as solution

@mark8ing wrote:

Hey!

Welcome to the community 🙂

Yes the emails are sent from no-reply, but replying to the email will send your reply into the customer support system and a member of staff will pick up your case and assist you. So just reply and it will all get sorted for you! If you are trying to close an account, they will need to confirm some details so will probably contact you again via email, so be sure to check your inbox as well as junk folders.

Peter

Peter

what happens when you never get an email from spotify?

i want my spotify account to be delete

@daisycruz92 wrote:

i want my spotify account to be delete

You just need to follow the instructions outlined in this topic.

Peter

Peter

if i can't cancel an account with anyone, before i give up,, i just stick in all fake info..... including email so no one can contact you..

Problem solved ...

I'm about to leave to since i've not used Spotiy in the last 2 months, even on free.....

My issue is.....  its free yes,,, then why is it still there?    

Solves my issues 🙂

I am so annoyed, I filled out the request for cancellation and have emailed spotify several times and now its on the fifth month of fees being charged to my credit card.($10/month) I will now call the credit card company to dispute charges but really this is the worst customer service ever!  I see now why they make it so hard to cancel, the app was not that great and I cancelled before 30 days

Marked as solution

Sorry to hear you are having issues, it is obviously not Spotify's intention to charge you if you are not using the services. If you get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form they should be able to get to the bottom of this for you. (If you have already done so, read below)

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter

hi can someone help me to cancel my account, canc last month and payment taken again, the sites not working today, so cant request cancellation again, thanks

cant get onto the contact form. please help, need to cancel asap

Hi jaydens10 - I believe you've made two accounts on our system. You can help us hunt down the second one by filling out our contact form

How the hell do I get my account cancelled?! I have followed the directions to the contact form just to be redirected to the FAQ or Community Board. I am in Afghanistan and do not have hours a day to spend on your website getting the runaround!! Why do you make it so difficult just to cancel?! I want this done ASAP! Help!

I've attempted to cancel my account as well. It circles back to the community but provides no solution to cancel. I just want to cancel my account. Clearly Spotify is a scam. A simple method of cancelling should be porvided.

Marked as solution

@meahtenoha wrote:

If you have got in touch using the contact form, just reply to the automated email you get and your case will be pushed to an agent who can help you close your account. 

Peter

Peter

Marked as solution

This customer service suck! There is NO way to cancel your account. I've never encountered a paid service that does not have a cancel subscription option on their webpage. I think it's time to file a class action suit and contacted the better business bureau.

@Ru4psu wrote:

I don't understand what you are saying. If you want to cancel your paid subscription, you can do so from your online profile at any time. 

If you are looking to delete a free account, all you need to do is follow the steps here and its not an issue either. 

Peter

Peter

Suggested posts