Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cancel Free Account

Solved!

Cancel Free Account

Someone please tell me how I go about cancelling this free Spotify account?? I sent Spotify a message, and they referred me here. I am not happy with the service I have received and I'll just leave it at that. Is anyone willing to help me out with this? Cancelling an account should be very simple, however I've not come accross any cancel options anywhere! How do I cancel the account??

112 Replies
Marked as solution

Deleted my account where? When you click the "here" link you posted all it does is take you to a forum of people complaining about the same issue. So I I previously posted this customer service sucks.
Here's an idea... If it's as easy as you say post the step by step instructions yourself in a response to this.
Marked as solution

Ready to delete your account? Just hop over to our our contact form. 

Please note! Some of you may receive an auto-response directing you back to the Community.

Don't fret. If you reply directly to that email your message will reach one of our friendly agents.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

1. How do I cancel SPOTIFY I signed up for premium for my daughter but realised it's not a reputable site. Any ideas to stop them taking my money before the trial ends.  Thanks 

Hey @Charms 🙂 

Did you sign up to Spotify on Spotify.com, if so I can assure you it is a reputable site!

If you still want to cancel, just follow the steps here.

Peter

Peter

I want to disactivate my subscription.

Just follow the steps in this help page:
https://support.spotify.com/learn-more/faq/#!/article/How-to-cancel-your-subscription

Peter

Marked as solution

@Adolfo05 wrote:

I want to disactivate my subscription.

In order to request that your free account is deactivated, use the contact form

If you want to cancel a Premium membership and go down to Free, you can do so from the subscription page

Marked as solution

Please cancel my subscription as well. Your cancellation links are nonfunctional.

@onyx373 wrote:
Please cancel my subscription as well. Your cancellation links are nonfunctional.

Did you try cancelling from this link

If it's not working, please use the contact form, and they'll be able to sort this out for you. When you get an automated response, make sure to reply to that email, even if the address says 'no-reply', as this makes sure your information is sent to the right team.

How do I cancel my free subscription?

Marked as solution

There's no need to cancel a free subscription. If you want to delete your account, please use the contact form. When you get an automated response, make sure to reply to that email, even if the address says 'no-reply', as this makes sure your information is sent to the right team.
contact form, and they'll be able to sort this out for you. When you get an automated response, make sure to reply to that email, even if the address says 'no-reply', as this makes sure your information is sent to the right team.

I got the email but nothing happens. Please cancel the account. This shouldn't be this hard.

I had problems canceling my free trial subscription by following Spotify Support and Itunes Apple store instructions.

I was enable to see buttons saying stuff like "Cancel Subscription" or "manage subscription". The instructions from Spotify support and Itunes would take me all the way until those buttons/links that I could not find.

Solution:

1- Go to the spotify website

2- Login into the Spotify website (https://www.spotify.com/us/) with the same credential you loggin on your Spotify to listen to music. (in my case, I logged in with facebook account)

3- Find your account main page and there should be a menu item called subscritpion. CLick on it

4- A page containing your subscription info should show up and just below it a statement "Would you like to cancel your subscription?"

5- Select the reason for cancelation, click continue.

6- Go all the way until the bottow of the page and click 'cancel subscription'.

7- Again, Go all the way until the bottow of the page and click 'cancel subscription'.

8- You should see a message saying 'Goodbye for now!"

9- Glory brothe/sister, you made it! Now make sure you Celebrate because it is kind of a big deal 🙂

By the way. Spotify provides a great Service. I like it and I'll keep using my unpayd subscription

I had problems canceling my free trial subscription by following Spotify Support and Itunes Apple store instructions.

I was enable to see buttons saying stuff like "Cancel Subscription" or "manage subscription". The instructions from Spotify support and Itunes would take me all the way until those buttons/links that I could not find.

Solution:
2- Login into the Spotify website (https://www.spotify.com/us/) with the same credential you loggin on your Spotify to listen to music. (in my case, I logged in with facebook account)
3- Find your account main page and there should be a menu item called subscritpion. CLick on it
4- A page containing your subscription info should show up and just below it a statement "Would you like to cancel your subscription?"
7- Again, Go all the way until the bottow of the page and click 'cancel subscription'.
9- Glory brothe/sister, you made it! Now make sure you Celebrate because it is kind of a big deal 🙂

By the way. Spotify provides a great Service. I like it and I'll keep using my unpayd subscription

I was enable to see buttons saying stuff like "Cancel Subscription" or "manage subscription". The instructions from Spotify support and Itunes would take me all the way until those buttons/links that I could not find.

Solution:

7- Again, Go all the way until the bottow of the page and click 'cancel subscription'.

I reached out via email and got an UNHELPFUL resonse. 

The fact that your "customer service" response to my problem is absurd. "Ask other users" and basically "figure it out yourselves" is NOT taking care of your customers.

Your website does not send me to the form that was suggested on this community page, where users must try to figure this out on their own. When I click on the option to get the form, it just takes me back to the previous page. 

I need help. I need to either get a legitimate answer via email, or to talk to an actual human.

pleased cencel my Free subscription

Gerryy Galleher@verizon.net

I've never known a service to make it difficult to cancel by verifying by email only ..... Its like living in the dark ages....... at lease Apple gives u an easy option not to renew Apple music, i'm now with.

FYI: Apple music actually has more music than spotify anyway....

Sorry this doesnt work i go thrugh all the steps and it tells me to go back to the contact form again. All i want is to have my facebook on my new, premium spotify account and not on my other free spotify account. Please can you give better instructions as the contact form just has me going round in circles.

Suggested posts