Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Music Lover
Getmeouttahere
Accepted Solution

Cancel Free Account

Someone please tell me how I go about cancelling this free Spotify account?? I sent Spotify a message, and they referred me here. I am not happy with the service I have received and I'll just leave it at that. Is anyone willing to help me out with this? Cancelling an account should be very simple, however I've not come accross any cancel options anywhere! How do I cancel the account??

Music Fan
marii

Re: Cancel Free Account

I'm having the same issue.

I read somewhere that if you add .del to the end of your email address in the "personal information" page then your account gets close. But I can't edit my information there because it just tells me to go to facebook to update any personal info.

This is driving me nuts I just want the stupid thing to go away.

Music Lover
Tijne

Same problem here.

Somebody help?

I have an other premium account so i have two account now. Argh!!!

Community Manager
Meredith

Hi everyone- Your best route for requesting an account deletion is the contact form.

If you receive a message directing you back to the Community, simply just reply again with your message. Your email will reach a member of our support team who can then delete your account. 

--------

Looking for tunes?

What I've been listening to

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Music Fan
mark8ing

That would be a great solution, except that Spotify sends their emails from no-reply! They offer absolutely NO WAY to cancel their  f###cking service. I will get out somehow, and never ever recommend it to anyone.

Contacting the Spotify Support Team <no-reply@spotify.com>

Peter
Kudos: 11,230
Solutions: 3,133

mark8ing wrote:

That would be a great solution, except that Spotify sends their emails from no-reply! They offer absolutely NO WAY to cancel their  f###cking service. I will get out somehow, and never ever recommend it to anyone.

Contacting the Spotify Support Team <no-reply@spotify.com>

Hey!

Welcome to the community :)

Yes the emails are sent from no-reply, but replying to the email will send your reply into the customer support system and a member of staff will pick up your case and assist you. So just reply and it will all get sorted for you! If you are trying to close an account, they will need to confirm some details so will probably contact you again via email, so be sure to check your inbox as well as junk folders.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Yoda and Bug Whisperer

Spotify Last.FM Twitter spoti.fi/meetpeter

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Festival VIP
crebagger

what happens when you never get an email from spotify?

Music Fan
daisycruz92

i want my spotify account to be delete

Peter
Kudos: 11,230
Solutions: 3,133

daisycruz92 wrote:

i want my spotify account to be delete

You just need to follow the instructions outlined in this topic.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Yoda and Bug Whisperer

Spotify Last.FM Twitter spoti.fi/meetpeter

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Garage Band
TECH101

[ Edited ]

if i can't cancel an account with anyone, before i give up,, i just stick in all fake info..... including email so no one can contact you..

Problem solved ...

I'm about to leave to since i've not used Spotiy in the last 2 months, even on free.....

My issue is.....  its free yes,,, then why is it still there?    

Solves my issues :)

Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.
If you'd like to join, please make sure you read the attached pdf file and fill out this form:
Please log in (or register) to see the link.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.