Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cancel Now - New Spotify Phone Tap

Solved!

Cancel Now - New Spotify Phone Tap

I cancel my spotify account TODAY may 29, 2014. The new app requests permission to live phone calls and reading the number your calling. This has nothing to do with playing music and I will not allow my rights to be taken away. There is no phone number to contact spotify and they do not have my current email address so I'm posting here to inform spotify I no longer need their services.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

That is something you will have to take up with the customer services team. You can get in touch with them directly using the online contact form and they will be able to happy to help. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Spotify most likely needs it to retrieve the device ID so it knows what device it is on for offline mode.

If you want to cancel your Spotify account, be sure to follow the steps here if you haven't already done so:
https://support.spotify.com/learn-more/faq/#!/article/How-to-cancel-your-subscription

Peter

Peter hall of fame:
You completely avoid the obvious problem and respond with a cute excuse.. the problem is spotify is READING THE PHONE NUMBER YOU'RE ON A LIVE CALL WITH. But I don't care what you're really doing or what power this really holds, I choose To not be a part of it.

and spotify does not have my current email address, I and with no customer service number available (odd) please help me resolve the issue here and now.

Can you not log into your account to cancel your subscription (they shouldn't need a current email address)?

Peter

I want to add this wasnt my only problem witb spotify, aside from the blatant invasion of privacy, spotify was never working for me even with a full Internet connection, it was always saying I had NO Internet connection. If it wold play a song it was skipping. That may have be my service providers fault. Downloading files for offline use worked, aside from the time it would take to download, it really was a waste of time.

I was able to cancel my account via your link, thank you, but it charged me today already for this upcoming month, how do I get a refund?
Marked as solution

That is something you will have to take up with the customer services team. You can get in touch with them directly using the online contact form and they will be able to happy to help. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Thank you. I was initially upset that you have no phone number to speak to a real person. The forum has been speedy at resolving my issues. I can see tho how even this type of customer service could have problems for some. I will use the contact form again and try that.

Also, regarding the tag next to my name, it changed from "music fan" to "concert regular"? I never chose those name tags...an I'm no concert regular lol that's for sheep.

Good day

Suggested posts