Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cancellation Problems

Solved!

Cancellation Problems

Decided to cancel my Spotify Premium trial, and when I get to the verification page, it says my password is incorrect, even though I typed in the same password. I haven't had any response from support. I'd rather not be charged. Someone help please.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there,

This is because the first time you payed was probably through applestore itunes or googleplay instead of paying directly to spotify. That's why it doesn't work. A was angry two months because of this and people from spotify doesn't answer because while is not their direct problem, they keep you paying.

Try ti cancel the subscription from there. Search in google "cancel spotify apple store"

Here you have a video:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZH-YXPMqWDY

Best

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hey guys,

It looks like you are subscribed through Apple. To cancel your subscription, follow the steps mentioned here:
http://support.apple.com/HT202039

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Last.fm | Twitter

Backstage Intro - Meet Jordi!
What's it like to be in a Spotify Office?

Did I help? Please add a like!
Did I solve your issue? Please accept as the solution!

View solution in original post

86 Replies

Eso me pasó a mi, si inicias sesion desde facebook pasa eso. lo que yo hice fue cerrar la sesión en sptotify y cambiar la contraseña de facebook y intenatarlo de nuevo. me funcionó a mi supongo que ati tambien.

Hi Snozzberry! 

Benja had the same problem and he sorted it out by changing his password through Facebook, so this might help you too. Can you also make sure you are logged out of Facebook when you cancel the trial? 

Alternatively, could you try using a different internet browser? Some users have said that this helps.

If it doesn´t work, please contact us on here: www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

I've tried that, and I've already contacted you guys. I did that over a week ago. No one has responded.

Hi Snozzberry!

I have just replied to your email so keep an eye on your inbox.

I solved the problem, but I had to disconnect spotify from my paypal account to do it.

it seems this is how spotify stop you from cancelling your trial, I am having the same problems with no response from spotify.  I cannot cancel as it will not accept my password. have changed my password in facebook and logged back in.  spotify lets me log in with the new password but wont accept the very same password for me to cance.  not good.  I dont know how to disassociate my paypal account with spotify to sort this out.  please assist someone

I have now stopped my payment to spotify through paypal.  would like some confirmation from spotify that my subscription is cancelled.

Hi there!

If you've tried a different browser as well as logging out Facebook, just fill out our contact form. If you´ve already contacted us, I´m sure a member of our payments team will get in touch with you shortly.

Ive been trying to cancellmy acount, pulling my hair out with anger. It wont except my password and the link to change my password will not work. Also i cannot put in a contact form, so what the hell do i do!!!!!!!!!!!!! I dont want to pay for this, i want it cancelled.

@harleyquinn88 wrote:

Ive been trying to cancellmy acount, pulling my hair out with anger. It wont except my password and the link to change my password will not work. Also i cannot put in a contact form, so what the hell do i do!!!!!!!!!!!!! I dont want to pay for this, i want it cancelled.

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

Can you try again, it would appear from reading on the community there might have been a website issue a couple of hours ago.

If you have any issues, just drop the Spotify team an email using the online contact form and they will be able to assist you.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I still can't change my password. I'm so confused.

@harleyquinn88 wrote:
I still can't change my password. I'm so confused.

If you can't get back into your account, drop the Spotify team an email using this contact form and they will be able to help you get back into your account. They will need to verify a few details which is best not done here in the public domain.

Peter

Peter

And you'll still be waiting months from now I'll bet. They don't answer anything, and I'm about to report them for fraud - started stealing money from my credit card without any permission months after I cancelled my 30 day free trial. You can't contact them, they have no phone number, they have no email or physical address and any messages sent on their "contact form" get no answer. My bank has flagged them as dodgy already so keep trying, and spread the word that this "service" is a total scam. They will steal you blind.

It's a trap! I'm stuck here too - unable to cancel an account i never signed up for, can't contact these thieves because they have no phone number, no email address, no physical address and they never answer emails. I can't get into my old account because it says my password is incorrect. It isn't. I've never used or signed up for Premium but they started charging me for it in March when I've deleted Spotify off all my devices. They are a fraud, a scam. They never answer that Contact Form and my bank has them flagged as fraudsters.

Rivertone, do you have a case number from when you got in touch using the contact form? 

It is in the first automated reply you get when you submit a case. Post that here and I will ask a member of the Spotify team to chase up your reply for you. 

Peter

Peter

And they never will. They will just keep stealing your money, a faceless, uncontactable bunch of thieves. I've been trying for months and have not been able to stop payments I never authorised. My bank has tagged them as fraudulent but can't stop the payments either. After I go to the police, looks like I'll have to close my bank accounts and credit cards to get rid of this parasite.

Me too - they make it impossible to cancel and they just keep stealing your money. I'm reporting this to police, and my bank has the charges flagged as fraudulent. They won't answer emails, the "contact form" appears to be bogus and will never be answered and it looks like I'll have to close down my bank accounts to make this parasite company go away.

Here's the one I got yesterday after my 100th try at getting this sorted. My other pleas to stop charging me have been ignored and never been dealt with by your "contact form".

I want my stolen money returned and and the payments stoppped IMMEDIATELY!!!

Case #: 00692236

@Rivertone wrote:

Here's the one I got yesterday after my 100th try at getting this sorted. My other pleas to stop charging me have been ignored and never been dealt with by your "contact form".

I want my stolen money returned and and the payments stoppped IMMEDIATELY!!!

Case #: 00692236

Okay, I have passed this over to the community staff as urgent, they will make sure you get a reply don't worry. 

There is no need to spam replies all over the community, one post is all you need to get help or attention from someone 😉 

Peter

Peter

Suggested posts