Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot use Spotify desktop application. [SOLVED]

Cannot use Spotify desktop application. [SOLVED]

EDIT: Problem solved. I just closed out second (green, not black) login screen on desktop app and then clicked on "I am new to Spotify". It let me bring over my Facebook info and all my playlists.

Original post below:

I recently created a Spotify account using my Facebook login. Today I tried to download the desktop Spotify application, and it will not let me login (the first, black colored login on the application works fine - the second green login screen is what I cannot login to). I have tried using both my Facebook login, and also created a password using the number string email option for external devices, and neither work.

I keep getting this error: "An error occured. Sorry, but we couldn't connect your Spotify account with Facebook. Please try again."

I have tried for the past 6 hours with the same error message. I've searched around here, and on Google, and contacted Spotify suport, with no results. Please help, thanks.

4 Replies

Hi. You're getting this problem after clicking "Download" on the spotify.com site? When the log in box pops up, are you selecting "Log in" at the bottom and not the blue "Sign up with facebook" button?

Screenshot - 26_06_2014 , 12_25_51.png

If you go to the "Music" tab on the left of your Facebook news feed and click any Spotify link, does Spotify launch?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

The Music tab on Facebook does not open the application, however that is not the issue I am trying to fix here. The problem is with the Spotify desktop application, the one you download and open on your desktop - however I figured out a fix which I will explain below.

Anywho, the problem is not with the website but the desktop program. I have already downloaded and installed it fine. The issue is when logging in. After the main black colored login in screen and using my Facebook information, it asks me to login AGAIN (still on the Spotify desktop application/downloadable program) but this time with a green login screen. This is where I cannot login.

I ended up resolving the issue on my own by closing out of the green login and clicking on "I am new to Spotify". It seemed to work, cause I am still logged in on my same account and all my playlists come up.

Sorry to waste your guys' time. 😞

No need to apologize - just glad it is working for you now! 🙂

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts