Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Change Country Settings

Solved!

Change Country Settings

I wrote already to the support but of course I will probably receive an answer on 10-12 weeks, since we all know the **bleep** service of the spotify support. Anyway I open an account and the country was setted as USA even if I wasn't there. Now I'm in Germany, my country and I cant do anything because I cant change the country at all. 

I wrote already to the support .. my case is: Spotify Case # 01655927

Is there someone who could help please?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

It doesn't appear that the system will currently allow you to change your country to Canada if your account is already registered in another country (it assumes since Spotify isn't yet available in Canada you will be creating a new account). 

Spotify support will be able to make the change manually for you. Quickest way to get in touch is normally via Twitter: @SpotifyCares.

Otherwise, reply directly to the email with the case number in it and that will bump your case over to an adviser. 😉 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Issue was solved via twitter very quickly!! Thanks for the help!

Marked as solution

@lost_in_light - Are you definitely accessing the web page from an Icelandic IP address? Check here:

http://www.maxmind.com/en/locate_my_ip

If yes, try a different browser if possible as sometimes that can make a difference for some reason! 

Otherwise, reply directly to that automated email pointing you to the FAQs and community and that will bump your case over to an adviser who can lend a hand. 

Peter

62 Replies

Hello!

It will not let you change your country here?

Hope this helped 🙂

Don't forget to add your Kudos and mark as a solution if it helped you!

Follow me on Twitter

Whats a Spotify Rock Star?

no it's grey .. that's the common problem lots of ppl have ...

Schermata 2014-08-02 a 13.37.18.png

and I never put USA ... 

Hello again!

Do you have a payment method attached to your account? Check here, if you can remove it, or click on the "read more..." under the greyed out "USA" country setting and add one from the country you are in now. 

Hope this helped 🙂

Don't forget to add your Kudos and mark as a solution if it helped you!

Follow me on Twitter

Whats a Spotify Rock Star?

I don't understand for which reason I should pay to change my country since the mistake is from spotify. I just want a free account that works ... is it possible??? this is absurd .. really 

Have you tried a different browser?

Also does this page show your country code is DE?
http://www.maxmind.com/en/locate_my_ip

Peter

the support answered me .. apparently there are 2 accounts with the same email .. one made using my email address .. and one made with facebook .. they say they will delete one .. no idea when they will do it 😉

I have pretty much the same issue. I moved back home to Canada from Ireland several months ago. Now that Spotify is available in Canada, I have downloaded Spotify and I want to access my account, but my profile will not allow me to change my country! It is greyed out on the Edit Profile page. Is it because I have a free account? I would like to be able to access my old playlists. I usually logged in via Facebook.

How should I solve this issue? I am Spotify Case # 01700554.

Would appreciate any help!
Marked as solution

It doesn't appear that the system will currently allow you to change your country to Canada if your account is already registered in another country (it assumes since Spotify isn't yet available in Canada you will be creating a new account). 

Spotify support will be able to make the change manually for you. Quickest way to get in touch is normally via Twitter: @SpotifyCares.

Otherwise, reply directly to the email with the case number in it and that will bump your case over to an adviser. 😉 

Peter

Marked as solution

Issue was solved via twitter very quickly!! Thanks for the help!

i cant change my country settings, the FAQ link they want me to go, dont exist and now i cant listen anything

Hi Guys...

I have been having the same problem whit my login through Facebook. I keep getting a 404 error, but I cant change my country whitout login my account. How can I do this?

Tks
😉

@bronke @JP_ - Which countries are you guys trying to swap over to? If it is Canada, please see my reply at the bottom of the previous page.

Otherwise, you should be able to update your country here:
https://www.spotify.com/account/profile/

Peter

I agree, Peter's response was very helpful and the issue was solved ridiculously quickly - it only took a day!

And Spotify's twitter account (@SpotifyCares) is so quick - I have literally been raving about it for days.

Germany...
But I have been able to login to Spotify with Facebook for the last week... Today, for whatever reason, I am unable to login with my Facebook credentials. I am still able to login to Facebook with no problems, but Spotify said my username or password is incorrect. And, said: update your account or change your country.  But how can I do this???

What country shows on your profile (link above)?

Peter

So, now I'm use another account just look for answers about this.

My last country was Ireland.  I would like recover my last account whit Facebook login.

Now I'm looking my Spotify Facebook account through my another account, and it disappeared. OMG

Hi guys!

I moved from Chile to Canada and I cant use my account. Can you help me please?

Thanks!

@JP_ - Can you change your country here?
https://www.spotify.com/account/profile/

@ilcapittano - Do you have an invite for Spotify Canada?

Peter

Suggested posts