Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Change country and availability of music

Change country and availability of music

My Spotify account was created in The Netherlands and I would like to change it to Australia where I currently live.

The reason is that I want to listen to songs or add them to my playlists, but can't because they're not available in The Netherlands. This makes me worried that my Dutch songs won't be available anymore when I change the country to Australia.

Is there a way to check this?

Or will the songs that are downloaded just stay in my playlists?

Or would it be possible to have 2 countries? (I do have payment methods for both countries available.)

Thanks, Nadia

3 Replies

Hi, Nadia. You can change your country from this page after you've changed your payment method to the one you'll be using for Australia.

Yes, it's entirely possible tracks that are licensed for listening in the Netherlands aren't for Australia, which would make them inactive. You also can't have your account tied to two countries at the same time. If you want to still be able to see all tracks so you know what's unavailable, just make sure to go into your settings and uncheck the option of hiding unplayable tracks. Hope this helps!

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

The Country dropdown menu is inactive and can not be changed, what should I do?

inactive_country.png

@Rophael 

To change the country you will need to contact support.

Read this on how to do that:
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Unable-to-change-country-settings-as-a-free-user/idi...

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts