Help - Accounts and Subscriptions

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Peter
Kudos: 12,319
Solutions: 3,374
I'm a Community Rock Star

Re: Change from Facebook login to an actual spottily account?

lizguastala wrote:

I deactivated my facebook account but made a new one. How can I link the new account to my previous spotify account? 
Now, i can't even log in to spotify and I have a premium account. 
I'm in panic.

Hey :)

I would recommend you contact the payments team using the contact form here.

There is currently no way to transfer subscriptions from one account to another. You will most likely have to cancel your existing subscription with the help of the payments team and then resubscribe on your new account. They will advice you by email once they get to your case :)

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Yoda and Bug Whisperer

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Music Fan
gurdino

Re: Change from Facebook login to an actual spotify account?

Can someone tell me, if I can change the login from Facebook login to a normal password login?

I already have a Facebook login to Spotify but want to change that.

I don't want Spotify to be linked to Facebook.

Peter

gurdino wrote:

Can someone tell me, if I can change the login from Facebook login to a normal password login?

I already have a Facebook login to Spotify but want to change that.

I don't want Spotify to be linked to Facebook.

If you created your Spotify account using your Facebook then no, your Spotify account is forever tied to that Facebook account. If you want a dedicated Spotify login, you need to make a new account (non-Facebook) using the "Create an account using my email address" link on the registration page.

You can then get in touch with customer services using the online contact form if you would like your playlists moved over to your new account and/or your Facebook account to be removed.

Peter

Peter

Music Lover
RHaynes212

Re: Change from Facebook login to an actual spotifuggle account?

I have the same issue and frustrated to the point of just cancelling my direct debit on premium account, the suggestion on here don't seem to work. The only way seems to be to get customer services to send you the link direct?  would bgarage full if somebody could do this for me. 

I want to swap forms a fb login to a spotify login so that I can use a new sonos system. I have a premium account and do not want to have to cancel this to have to set up a new one. Surely there is a solution? 

Help. R

Peter

RHaynes212 wrote:

I have the same issue and frustrated to the point of just cancelling my direct debit on premium account, the suggestion on here don't seem to work. The only way seems to be to get customer services to send you the link direct?  would bgarage full if somebody could do this for me. 

I want to swap forms a fb login to a spotify login so that I can use a new sonos system. I have a premium account and do not want to have to cancel this to have to set up a new one. Surely there is a solution? 

Help. R

Hey! Welcome to the community :) 

There is no direct way to transfer from a Spotify account creating using Facebook to the dedicated Spotify account. I wrote a tutorial on how to do it here, but it is not ideal and requires a little bit of work. 

You can use Spotify on Sonos without changing your account type though! You just need to retrieve your device username and password by following the steps outlined in this FAQ and then using those details to login on Sonos. 

Peter

Peter

Music Lover
RHaynes212

Thanks hammer, appreciate you taking the time. 

your tutorial is Good although the actions not ideal, as you point out. 

the second option you suggest seems better. I looked at the FAQ and couldn't seem to figure out. What is the device username? 

Hope you can help. R

Peter

Your device username should be on your online profile or overview, if you have a Facebook created account it will be a string of 10 digits which is your actual Spotify username for your Spotify account. You need that username and your set device password to log in on partner devices since they don't support Facebook authentication. 

Peter

Peter

Concert Regular
TiKa_01

About Us - Contact Form - that is a joke! I have tried twice to ask for help that way, and every time I just received an automatic reply that I should seek a solution on FAQ. So do not advertise for personal assistance. Your way of handling the contact forms is arrogant and extremley poor service!

Concert Regular
TiKa_01

If I delete my present account in order to create a new account using Spotify-login and not Facebook-login, can I then use the same email when creating the new account?

And by the way, how to delete a current account??

Thank you!

Peter

TiKa_01 wrote:

If I delete my present account in order to create a new account using Spotify-login and not Facebook-login, can I then use the same email when creating the new account?

And by the way, how to delete a current account??

Thank you!

Hey :) 

I have left a reply on your other post here ;) 

Peter

Peter

Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.