Help - Accounts and Subscriptions

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Music Lover
blankFunk
Accepted Solution

Change from Facebook login to an actual spotify account?

[ Edited ]

When I first setup spotify, I used the facebook login option. But now, I'd like to change this by creating an account for spotify (username and password) but don't know how.

Is there a way to do that by keeping my account as is, but creating new login details?

I don't mind keeping it connected to facebook (as I have deactivated all the sharing stuff) but I don't like this trend that everything are dependent of facebook accounts.

Thanks.

Roadie
vendeatha

Re: Change from Facebook login to an actual spottily account?

Agree's! would like to do same also. FB goes down alot. and ofc my Spotify won't work then.

Community Legend
Stupify

[ Edited ]

Spotify requires an active Facebook account, you can't use Spotify without going through Facebook.

This is because Sean Parker is an investor in both Spotify and Facebook and he wants music to be tied to people's Facebook accounts. His plan is that people can't deactivate their Facebook - otherwise they lose access to Spotify.

At this point everyone who wants to be on Facebook, is already on Facebook so they're now making deals with third party services like Spotify to try to get more users (one of these deals: you can't have Spotify without Facebook). This way they try to get closer to the billion user milestone.

Music Lover
Studying

This would be great! I deactivated my facebook to study for the bar. If spotify can't/wont accomodate, they will lose my subscription. 

Gig Goer
MalcolmDougall

I cant login with my onkyo amplifier with facebook details i need to change to spotify login to do this, but there doesnt seem to be a way to do it..

I really want to use the service through my home cinema system and am very fustrated.

Help please!

Spotify
David

[ Edited ]

MalcolmDougall - You'd need to create a Device Password in order to use it on your Onkyo device. You can do that right here.

-----
Spotify
Gig Goer
MalcolmDougall

Hi

I have tried this 4 or 5 times and I have not recieved any emails???  Yes I have checked my email address is correct and yes I have checked my spam folder. 

I really need some help with this!

Cheers

Spotify
David

Could you pop through an email to us by clicking on "About Us" above and then "Contact Form"? One of our advisors might be able to assist.
-----
Spotify
Gig Goer
MalcolmDougall

HI has been rectified now! customer services sent me a direct link to set a password for use with my Onkyo amp.

Thank you!

Music Fan
lizguastala

I deactivated my facebook account but made a new one. How can I link the new account to my previous spotify account? 
Now, i can't even log in to spotify and I have a premium account. 
I'm in panic.

Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.