Close
Music Fan
A1yssaaa
Accepted Solution

Change from Facebook login to login with Spotify details.

I'm trying to change from using my Facebook login to logging in with Spotify details. I basically want to deactivate my Facebook. In doing so, Spotify won't work without being logged in to Facebook. Does anyone know how to change this?
Label Star
Stupify

Re: Change from Facebook login to login with Spotify details.

[ Edited ]

edit: Spotify no longer requires Facebook, this was changed on 30 August 2012. This is an old thread, my original reply below:

You can't use Spotify without an active Facebook account. You will have to find another music service. Alternatives include Rdio and Grooveshark.

Concert Regular
voobs

I would agree with A1yssaaa.

I really hate that I have to have a Facebook account to sign up to Spotify.

Music Fan
alliemcleod

[ Edited ]

lame!

I guess Ill be swithing and paying a different internet radio

Music Fan
cgcoto

I won't be continuing to use spotify. FB has a notorious issue with info tracking and I prefer not to have every app running through something that I cannot control. It is bloody invasive. I don't even use FB on my Mobile.

Spotify get a clue PLEASE not everyone wants to use FB. I decline every fb app that gets sent to me as it is invasive in nature. 

Respect your patrons especially for what you charge.

Label Star
Stupify

This is an old thread. You no longer need a Facebook account to use Spotify.

However, if you signed up while Facebook was required (between 22 September 2011 and 30 August 2012) you need to create a new account. Also, it is still possible to create an account through a Facebook login and if you've done so, you need to create a new account to get a non-FB login.

To create an account without Facebook, go to the sign up page and click "Create an account with my email address" at the bottom.

Music Fan
bwriibwear

I have a premium account that I have already been paying for for a while, and I have all my music on here. I don't want to have to make a new account, because I will be off of facebook for a month. I listen to my spotify music every single day. Is there really no way to switch a facebook-based account over to a normalaccount without making a new one????

Music Fan
ShinyOne

I'd really like to know the answer to this, too.

Music Fan
Savaen

Me too...

Label Star
Stupify

The answer is no. You must make a new account if you don't want to log in with Facebook.

In case you're worried that you made a mistake signing up with Facebook, you probably didn't. Spotify REQUIRED a Facebook account a while ago and using Facebook was the only way back then.

The reason for the tie-up is because Sean Parker, who is an investor in both Spotify and Facebook, does not want you to leave Facebook so he tied up your Spotify to it.

Announcements
Win free Premium
We're fans of music around here. And amazing animated GIFs.
So, for our next competition we're combining the two.

Join our new contest here.

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.
If you'd like to join, please make sure you read the attached pdf file and fill out this form:
Please log in (or register) to see the link.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.