Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Change username?

Solved!

Change username?

When I created my Spotify account I used a swedish letter (å)
in my username and now there´s a problem when I´m modifying

my account because the form wants me to use letters from a-z

only,,,, Can I change my old username somehow so I can keep

all my playlists....?

Mia

67 Replies

I just did it. 

I will be waiting..

Thanks.

PO

I am interested in changing my username and making the visibility of my linked full name not visible. Does anyone know how I can suggest this change to Spotify UX designers?

I am highly engaged in social media online, but never use my full name for privacy reasons. Sadly, when linking my Facebook, I didn't realize my entire name would thus be visible. Because of this, I no longer share any playlists via Twitter, Facebook, Blogs, Tumblr, or Instagram.

Spotify is a great platform and I've been using it since the get go.  I would enjoy sharing my user experience and playlists to continue to grow the community of users, but because of this privacy issue I do not. Essentially instead of seeing this as a social music platform I use it as a tool and am done.

Anyone know how I can make my concerns known to upper management?

Thank you!

Hi there. Post it as a New Idea under Spotify Ideas. If it gets enough Kudos, the mods will review it and flag for potential implementation.

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

hi

I have the same issue with the username. I would like to have a other one.

My question: If I delete the account and create a new one with the same mailadress, does it works?

thanks for you input.

@Peter wrote:

@user-removed wrote:

I want to change my user name. How can I do that?

As far as I am aware it is not currently possible to change your Spotify username. 

Peter

That should work. Alternatively use a different email address.

Thank you, my english it's very bad 😄

It's 2014, and we still have the same problem. When you register to Spotify via your FB, your username is a string of very unmemorable numbers--that you can't even change! It's so hard to log into the web player from elsewhere, or to ask friends outside my FB circle to search for me or my playlists on spotify, because my username couldn't be changed.

Calling for the numbered usernames to be temporary only, or at least for FB-registrants to have their facebook usernames/URLs as the adopted Spotify username.

@12159120980 - It's also the reason if you have a Facebook created account, that account is forever tied to Facebook, you can't move to a Spotify only account. It's something I have campaigned for them to change but the answer has always been no sadly since the issues you describe realistically only affect a tiny percentage of customers.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

But it SHOULD be possible if enough people want more flexibility in changing their user id!

@Peter wrote:

@CrisFigCar - No es posible. (Sorry for my google translate spanish!)

But it SHOULD be possible to change one's user id, if enough people are requesting so.

Why can't spotify be more flexible with this request. A lot of people have awareness of their social presence and brands/names change why can't we alter our user id?

I am aware it's not currently possible (Nov 2014) but COULD YOU MAKE IT POSSIBLE?  Spotify really should.

Changing user id's could be such an easy thing for Spotify engineers to let loyal customers do.

For every person that doesn't speak up in this forum there are thousands of others wishing similarly.

One can change one's name in many social networks, why being forced to keep a url which is tied to a name or brand one's no loner enticed to, in particular when it's difficult to open a new account and transfer playlists (tons).

Premium membership

upset that a SIMPLE user id change cannot happen via the mighty Spotify ...look at the forums, many people are requesting this.

Besides freedom to change user id/handle here is a STRONG SUGGESTION that other important digital brands are using adventageously: https://en.gravatar.com/

No. Hell no to Gravatar. Talk about user tracking nightmare. Once your email goes Grav, privacy is the last thing you should expect to have. Fact of the matter is this shouldn't be a hard thing for spotify to be able to do with 10million plus premium subscribers. Really.

I am to young to have face book but i have spotify so somehow it's possable

🙂

you can't 😞 I want to change it to becuase EVERYONE thinks iIam my older sister

Please any Mod... Why is it still not possible to change username? We all know that this is not possible, but WHY??? In any social network or any service I know this is possible, the only service where it isn't is Spotify. For what reason Spotify refuses that even to paying customers intentionally? I really think you should let us know. Thanks.

hi

Marked as solution

You can't change you username yet. I'm sorry 😞

But I would suggest you start a new account with the username of your choice. 

Como faço pra mudar meu username do Spotify?

i have the same problem but it's still impossible to change the profile name.
it will be never possible?

Hi, in this case i will loose my playlist?
Thanks

Suggested posts