Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Changed Facebook password because of Heartbleed, lost Premium account and playlist.

Changed Facebook password because of Heartbleed, lost Premium account and playlist.

I changed my facebook password due to the heartbleed vulnerability.  When I signed back in to Spotify it only shows me as a free user and I lost all of my playlists.  How do I fix this?

47 Replies

Which platform/device was this on?

Same thing happened here on the site and the standalone desktop client.  😕

Same problem here! Lost music, messages, everything!

Shows me as I had free version though I'm paying it!!

With Iphone and my laptop spotify.

Same happened to me yesterday.

Lost my premium account and my +50 playlists (been premium since 2012). The official answer I got from Spotify was "check the solution at the forum or in  our FAQs"

So the answer I got from customer service to my first issue in 2 years is "check it yourself"?

Just cancelled my monthly payment.

Bye, guys.

Changing your facebook password doesn't cause this. Log out of spotify and back in making sure to use your facebook login either by using the "log in with facebook" button or logging in with your email address and new password. This should take you to your premium account.

Anyone still haveing problems after doing this please shout out.

Yes, still have the same problem.

Tried to lo log in and out several times, both with my laptop spotify and also my Iphone spotify, but not working. Also rebooted devices.

Seems to be able to connect me with my facebook though, as my facebook friends are available as usual, and spotify suggest to follow them.

Link to premium account seem to be disappeared.

I'm guessing that you possibly have a second account @user-removed . If you get in touch here, someone from the accounts team will get back to you. If you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, make sure to reply to it directly to speed things along.

Hi Joe,

Did it 4 times yesterday and it's not working so, as the solution coming from spotify was "check it on the forum" I decided to cancel my payment

@jordiob Sounds like you got an automated email. If you reply to it, your case will reach one ot the consultants and you should hear back within 24 hours.

I already cancelled the payment, will it work anyway?

Yep. Go for it and post the 8 digit case number here if you haven't heard anything by tomorrow. I'll chase it up.

You mean my username? is this one: 11136528542

thx!

No. The automated reply from email has an 8 digit case # in it.

Hey it's jordiob, here's the case number 01371950

And my Spotify Case # 01373388

Send the case to spotify from the page you told me to (though I already send one through one another form) and answered the automatic reply I got rightaway..

@jordiob2014 Thank you. Escalating that now.

@jordiob2014 and @user-removed -- both those cases are with support. Everything'll get sorted out really soon, don't worry.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

If this bug is as rampant as it looks from these multiple forum topics, it's gonna be a long week or so for Spotify support. A lot of people are changing passwords because of Heartbleed. I'm unfortunately affected as well after changing my facebook password. Posted my case# in another similar topic already. Not trying to be redundant but just bored since I can't listen to my music!

I'm having the same exact issue. Premium User, changed my password in FB and now I can't log in and all my playlists seem to be gone. Sent an email to Spotify and got this case number in case this can help speed things along: 01379838

Suggested posts