Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Changed Facebook password because of Heartbleed, lost Premium account and playlist.

Changed Facebook password because of Heartbleed, lost Premium account and playlist.

I changed my facebook password due to the heartbleed vulnerability.  When I signed back in to Spotify it only shows me as a free user and I lost all of my playlists.  How do I fix this?

47 Replies

When changing your Facebook password, your Spotify account and Facebook account become unlinked, so you have to link them again. If that is that is the case... check out my post here

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

Hi!

I have similar problems and have tried to fix it by using recommended tips found in the community, nothing works.

I then tried to send contact Spotify by mailing this message:

Hi.
>
> I recently went through my privacy settings on Facebook.
> I must have changed something essential regarding apps and log-in; when trying to log on to Spotify afterwards, I did not succeed doing that.
>
> After just having re-installed Spotify, I manage to log in, but my account is set to "free" and all my playlists have been removed.
> (I have payed for the premium-version for a while and had several playlists, some of them collected over years).
>
> I will be grateful for receiving help to solve this problem.
>
> Yours sincearely...

-After a week with no answers and also tweeting my case number to Spotify's twitter account, I am getting a bit frustrated.
-I belive that I may invertedly created another, now free, account while trying to log in to my original account after changing the above mentioned security-options on Facebook.
-Also, I have created a new account to listen to music when waiting for my problems to be solved. Music is my medicine...

Can anyone help me? 

My case number is:

# 01953227

(P.S.: Strangely enough, Spotify does not include a direct-contact mail og a chat-function, so what can I do??).

@Spotify_me_nor - Hang in there, I've asked someone to make sure that case gets to the correct hands asap for you.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hey @Spotify_me_nor !

It looks like one of our agents replied to your email yesterday.

If you can't see the email, make sure to check your junk/spam filter too.

Once you've got back to them they'll be able to get this sorted. 

___

New to the Community? Check out the Community newbie tips

Did I solve your problem? Click 'Accept As Solution' to help others find the answer!

Need Spotify help on Twitter? Head to @SpotifyCares

I am having the EXACT same problem.  I have replied to the email.  This is my case number 02757250.  Can you please escalate?  Thank you.

@user-removed 

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

If you still have not gotten a reply after that time:

Did you get a confirmation email from the contact form? It should be similar to "Spotify Support Case #XXXXXXX". If so, reply back to that email and tell them you still need help.

If you got an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it saying you still need help, even if it's from a no-reply address.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I got a reply finally and they said that there was another acocunt linked to my profile with an email address that I've never had or heard of and that it did not have my correct birthdate attached to it-so obviously not me...  I explained that and have replied 4 times now and they have copletley stopped contacing me or replying to my messages.  This is getting really annoying.  Any suggestions on how to get an asnwer from these people?

Hey @user-removed,

Welcome to the Community.

We can see the right team is already on the case.

They'll get back to you as soon as possible via email.

Let us know how you get on!

Suggested posts