Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Changing country doesn't work?!

Changing country doesn't work?!

Hey!

I want to change my country but every time I try it, it doesn't work and I get the notification "This email address is already used for another account". Of course. I don't want to create another account, since I already have one with this exact email address, I only want to change my country the way it is explained in the help section 😕

Does anyone have any idea what I could do? I can't use my account at all at the moment since it still runs with the wrong country.

Thanks!!

3 Replies

Hey @user-removed and welcome to the community!

First, try a different browser to change your country. Sometimes it works. Also make sure your IP matches the country you want to change and that your payment details are not from a different country. If everything's okay and you still can't change your country, I'd suggest reaching out to the official support team by using this contact form: https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/.

If you receive an automated email that leads you back to the community or help pages, reply to it (even if it's from "no-reply") and one of the Spotify team members will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks for your reply! Unfortunately it didn't work with another browser 😕 I also emailed the support team but since a cuple of days I didn't get any reply. 

So I'm still not able to use my account. I'm gonna wait another cuple of days. Do you otherwise know how I could delete my account to create a new one? That might be a solution for the problem I guess

Hey,

you can only let your account be removed from the official support, so you need to contact them! Did you receive a case number the last time? If yes, please post it here as well as the date you sent the mail.

Suggested posts