Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Changing payments from monthly to yearly

Solved!

Changing payments from monthly to yearly

Using premium... want to change from monthly to yearly payments.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

If you'd like to pay for a years worth of Premium in advance, you can do this by visiting this page 🙂

--------------------------------------------------------------

For Twitter support, find us at @SpotifyCares.

Follow me on Spotify.

View solution in original post

19 Replies

Hi Naava,

You should be able to update your subscription to yearly at www.spotify.com/account/subscription. 

Your subscription

Subscription status

Your Spotify Spotify Premium subscription will be automatically renewed the 2014-01-17 and charged 9,99 € every 1 month, unless you cancel your subscription before that time.

Premium codes

Have a Premium code? You can redeem it here.

View receipts

Click below to view the receipts for your payments

View receipts

Manage your subscription

View your options

From where?? I tried everything, even changing my credit card, theres no option to change monthly to yearly.

Marked as solution

If you'd like to pay for a years worth of Premium in advance, you can do this by visiting this page 🙂

--------------------------------------------------------------

For Twitter support, find us at @SpotifyCares.

Follow me on Spotify.

Edit:

Thanks Jamie 🙂

You guys at spotify should really consider to ask your geeks to add this feature on the page, especially now in the Christmas time when people have money this would be useful and EASY.

eCards are pretty easy to get your hands on too! 😉 

The yearly subscription option being on profiles has caused a handful of problems I have seen here on the community with people claiming "Spotify changed it to yearly" for them...

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi,

Do you call this a solution? Well, why don't you support a years payment in advance like you had before?!?!?!

So sad that you make things worse. What is the logical explanation to this, that you cannot handle an years payment in advance?

/ Angry

My guess would be people where paying for yearly then asking for a refund (which costs Spotify money).

Peter

Why can't I change my payment method from monthly to yearly subscriptions? It is so annoying that it comes out of my credit card every month.

Hey raidi8 i use a money card to pay my subscription i did like the yearly thing  I hope they offer it again.. How do you like the changes they made to the main screen? I wish i knew how to change the color or lighten up the background slide bars Thanks

You can pre-purchase 1 year of Spotify by buying yourself an eCard:
https://www.spotify.com/get-spotify/e-card/

They no longer offer an auto-renewing yearly subscription.

Peter

Well, just cancelled my subscription...bye Spotify.

Yes, paying annually directly from credit card much easier, e-card taking too much time and effort.

The eVoucher option isn't helpful if you're going for the student discount. I have a couple more years of school and if I could pay the $60/year I'd gladly pay off a year (or even two) ahead of time. Spotify premium is very extra-curricular so paying in the short term isn't so enticing. One payment for the year though, I wouldn't even have to think about it.

@teddyspaghetti wrote:

The eVoucher option isn't helpful if you're going for the student discount. I have a couple more years of school and if I could pay the $60/year I'd gladly pay off a year (or even two) ahead of time. Spotify premium is very extra-curricular so paying in the short term isn't so enticing. One payment for the year though, I wouldn't even have to think about it.

This is probably the reason you can't buy eCards with student discount, especially because you could then buy loads of codes and distribute them to your friends at reduced cost. 

Peter

Another point to annual payment is that most companies offer a discount when you commit to a long term subscription. It would be nice if they offered an annual sub for something like $105 vs. $119.88, the exact same price as monthly. Also, I am not happy that I would have to buy my wife a whole separate subscription even at half price. Netflix and Hulu Plus offer premium content an allow 3 users at the same time. I like the option of being able to both add to the same queue from separate devices so when we are at home listening together we can both get some songs we like in there. Just not completly happy with Spotify but it is better than Pandora. 

Thrifty as I am, the inability to pay an annual subscription at a discount from the monthly rate could rule out subscription altogether. Spotify is not a necessity, after all...

That is ridiculous. You send all your subscribers info on how to save money but them make it a complete pain in the **bleep**. Not to mention we will have to be on top of our account and when to buy a new e-code instead of it just being charged by itself. Bad biz model there.

I can't even figure out how to use the yearly offer. How do I do that?

Suggested posts