Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Charging for free 30 days premium trial?

Solved!

Charging for free 30 days premium trial?

I signed up for the free trial period of 30 days today, but already now I was charged on my credit card! That can't be right? It clearly says that you will only be charged by the end of the 30 day trial if you wish to continue and don't cancel.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

You haven't used the premium trial before? 

Please use the online contact form and someone at Spotify can help get this sorted. If you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, please reply to it by email and you will hear back from one of the team shortly.

View solution in original post

15 Replies

Hi. Were you charged the full amount or was the amount 0.00 which they use to validate your card?

Hi. I'm writing from Brazil do I was charged 10 BRL, which is aprox 5 USD.
Marked as solution

You haven't used the premium trial before? 

Please use the online contact form and someone at Spotify can help get this sorted. If you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, please reply to it by email and you will hear back from one of the team shortly.

No, this is the first time using the premium trial. They called from the Bank so I ended up canceling the payment. I think I'll try again, and if this happens again I will use the contact form you mentioned. Thanks alot for your help.

its trying to charge my visa 0.00 and its getting declined...m.y country says usa but won't let me change it to canada so therefore i can't use my 30 day free trial

@CrazySwtBtch - Spotify in Canada is currently invite only. Do you have an invite?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

same thing just with me.

i was on my laptop listening to music and i see an add for a free premium trail, i signed up to it and i just got charged £9.99

and i can't get hold of any support to figure out why i have been charged for something free.

@wildwelsh1 - Have you ever had Spotify Premium/Unlimited or a free trial previously?

Peter

Ii am in Canada and finished my 7 day premium trial now they offered me another 30 day trial so I gave my credit card infomation and now it does not let me confirm payment it says wrong password?.

@theswede68 - Not sure what is going on with Canadian subs, seen quite a few reports. Do you have a Spotify username account or was your account created using Facebook?

Peter

I have a username account!.

How can i cancel my subscription AFTER the 30-day trial?

Hey @yna06 ! Welcome to the community! You can cancel by going to your account page and clicking the link to manage subscriptions. This link should give you a shortcut to that page. 

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

I have the same problem. Spotify has collected money from my card in 30 days trial period. I want my money back. I do not need Spotify.

@petrsykora 

I suggest you contact support so they can help you

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts