Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Created a playlist and cant rearrange songs....

Solved!

Created a playlist and cant rearrange songs....

Seems like a simple action but i am unable to move a song from a playlist, i created, from bottom to top?

Thanks.

169 Replies

You actually have to login on the computer you initiated the account on not a mobile device and you can change play order by dragging and dropping.

I'm having this issues and tried clicking on the artist and song title three times at the top of my playlist....does anyone know of any videos out there that shows exactly what you all are talking about. BTW - I have a Chromebook 11 and am using webplayer. 

Thanks!

I also have a Chromebook 11- using Spotify as a web app is the same as having it open in a web browser. In either case I can't find a way to change the order of songs in playlists I make. Dragging shows an error sign, even on queue mode. 

I have the same problem, i have reread everything and tried it and it is still not working. 

I'd been struggling with this.

I was on my page in the web browser 

https://open.spotify.com/user/headey/playlist/55ppmEGSf4j6GG7wWwo5DL

Nothing is sortable or moveable, whether on the PC or an android tablet.

On the app downloaded on to the android nothing is sortable or moveable.
(edit 9Mar2016... by dragging the list down eventually it reveals three menu type lines at the top, below the threedotmenu. Tapping the threelinemenu enables sorting by Title/Recentlyadded/Artist/Album/Custom)

But on the PC I downloaded the desktop player( is that called an app if it's on a PC? I don't know these things) from

https://www.spotify.com/uk/download/windows/

Now I can sort tracks(track/artist/album/time) by clicking on the column heading. But oh my goodness it can be slow to react! About two minutes after clicking!?

And providing there is no sort in place(an extra two clicks on the heading) I can left click and drag tracks to a different position.
But can't drag them to a different playlist.

And I can create folders(File >New Playlist Folder) and move them and dragdrop playlists.

Someone might have said this earlier but I didn't spot it.

Ok apparently you have to use the downloadable desktop player. Ridiculous. 

I don't understand this.

Hello, I am unable to rearrange songs in a playlist I created. I read the feed provided and none of my headings are selected however it still wont let me move anything around. Please help, screenshot attached. 

Screen Shot 2016-04-04 at 11.21.54 AM.png

@cmcghie04 I think you need to say what your computer is.

I mentioned above the three attempts I've made. It might help other people to know what other setups allow/don't allow moving of tracks and lists.

Hi, my computer is a macbook pro and I'm using Safari. 

Thank you. I was so frustrated!

You could say what the computer/device is , what you are looking at and what you are hoping to do.

Someone then might be able to help.

Mac user here. Seems you can change the order of your list by:

1. Go to the SONG - ARTIST - ALBUM bar
  2. Find the calendar icon/date added icon. 
  3. Click on calendar icon/date added icon until the up or down arrow is gone. The first song the list was created with appears at the top of the list and the last song added (or most recent) is way at the bottom.
  4. Go to SONG column click & hold song and drag up or down within list. 

BUT THEN

If you return to the calendar icon and select the upward arrow (most recently songs added), the changes you made within the list in step 4 are back in there original date added position. 

Then return to step 3 and the positional changes are still intact. Return to most recently added mode and they're gone again.

Uhmph!

I am on a Chromebook and the app is horrible its really buggy and cluttered looking. I used to be able to rearrange my songs just fine I guess an update totally screwed everything up, it used to be simple too all I had to do was click on a track and simply drag it up or down, now when I try that a red circle pops up indicating that I cannot do that. I am upset because I am a premium user I paying for this crap and I can't even modify my playlists the way I want to as far as the order of the songs.....

@ERP89

You're not alone.

Please kudo this idea and post there so they know people want a way to sort songs in a playlist through the web player:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Web-Player-Sorting-songs-on-a-playlist/idi-p/1243091

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks Peter. Solved the problem immediately

I still can't re arrrange my music on Spotify web player but I can do it on my i phone, but my phone is broken and I want to organise my playlist songs but it won't let me, nothing happened when i multi clicked the song or anything else

Hey @Aaron2701,

Help us by voting for this idea and post there so they know people want a way to sort songs in a playlist through the web player:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Web-Player-Sorting-songs-on-a-playlist/idi-p/1243091

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

It is some serious horse hockey that they don't make this more obvious. Yeesh. 

i am having this problem too AND the catagories on top are not selected, i am not even able to select them.....

Suggested posts